Learning How To Fly

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
If our friendship depends on things like space and time, then when we finally overcome space and time, we've destroyed our own brotherhood! But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?

Mott, have you ever read the Peaceful Warrior series by Dan Millman?

If our friendship depends on things like space and time, then when we finally overcome space and time, we've destroyed our own brotherhood! But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?

I hear mushrooms are better. You don't have the withdrawls associated with the man made crap. You can even eat them right out of the cow shit.

Never tried it though.

You will begin to touch heaven, Jonathan, in the moment that you touch perfect speed. And that isn't flying a thousand miles an hour, or a million, or flying at the speed of light. Because any number is a limit, and perfection doesn't have limits. Perfect speed, my son, is being there.

No I haven't. I've been meaning to. A friend of mine who introduced me to the art of Tai Chi was a big fan of those books.

Tai Chi is an excellent exercise/meditation platform. I've been doing it off & on for years.

Get the Millman series. (I ignored the vegetarian stuff)

I hear mushrooms are better. You don't have the withdrawls associated with the man made crap. You can even eat them right out of the cow shit.

Never tried it though.

Ah, yes. Mushrooms. Cow shit.

Organic food, food raised without chemicals and processed without additives.
(The Free Dictionary)

So, the next time someone asks if you'd like a condiment for your steak and mushrooms insist on the real thing. The natural thing. Say, "A little cow shit, please."

Mushrooms being grown in cowshit is the least of your worries as far as our food goes.

Back