Let the Free Market Decide...

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
I think we'll be able to solve this with the free market, and those health-savings accounts Bush is pushing.

U.S. has second worst newborn death rate in modern world, report says
CNN

An estimated 2 million babies die within their first 24 hours each year worldwide and the United States has the second worst newborn mortality rate in the developed world, according to a new report.
American babies are three times more likely to die in their first month as children born in Japan, and newborn mortality is 2.5 times higher in the United States than in Finland, Iceland or Norway, Save the Children researchers found.

Only Latvia, with six deaths per 1,000 live births, has a higher death rate for newborns than the United States, which is tied near the bottom of industrialized nations with Hungary, Malta, Poland and Slovakia with five deaths per 1,000 births.

"The United States has more neonatologists and neonatal intensive care beds per person than Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom, but its newborn rate is higher than any of those countries," said the annual State of the World's Mothers report.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/parenting/05/08/mothers.index/index.html

I wonder how much of it is the incredible extent we go towards saving babies that otherwise would have died long before birth in some of those other nations.

Other than that, yes, it is eye opening.

hey gramps a great economy helps poor people ya moron.
why do you think other country's poor people are rail thin.
Take a class now that you have spare time, education is awesome.

hey gramps a great economy helps poor people ya moron.
why do you think other country's poor people are rail thin.
Take a class now that you have spare time, education is awesome.

Why ? I have money to last me the rest of my life. Time to have some fun.
And why have wages been pretty much stagnant and I kept hearing the words "jobless recovery" ?
I am not talkiing average income now but working wages.

slightly....
And the law of supply and demand for labor is finally starting to rise. after six years or so.

And the first raise in the minimum wage in how many years ?

Last edited:
Globalization now ? I have always said since Ross that the ultimate effect on the USA of globalization will be that our standard of living will go down and most of the rest of the worlds will go up.
It is only a matter of degree and time.

Back