Liberal logic: boy shot after menacing cops with fake weapon, paint toy guns

Big Money

Instead of reminding people that it's stupid to refuse to drop a toy gun when confronted by cops, liberals want to regulate the toys. :palm:

Andy Lopez was walking to a friend's home on the outskirts of Santa Rosa when a sheriff's deputy shot and killed him, mistaking the eighth-grader's plastic BB gun for an assault weapon.

Carrying a pellet or BB gun that looks like a real weapon in public is punishable as an infraction in California, and the guns may not be purchased legally by anyone younger than 18. Federal law requires some pellet guns to have orange tips, but they can be removed. The one Andy carried had no tip.

Deputy Erick Gelhaus, a 24-year veteran of the office, was in the passenger seat. He jumped out of the car and twice ordered the boy to drop the gun, according to a witness. The boy began to turn around, still clutching the gun, and Gelhaus fired.

Some "community leaders" are talking to lawmakers about finding ways to deter such shootings, which occur with disturbing frequency across the country when police mistake plastic guns for lethal weapons.

"There are so many kids running around with these things that it is almost inevitable there will be additional shootings in the future," said Dan Reeves, chief of staff to state Sen. Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles).

De León carried a bill in 2011 to require BB guns be painted bright colors. It followed an LAPD officers shooting of a teenager who had a replica of a Beretta handgun.

A proposed Los Angeles city ordinance that would permit the sale of BB guns and other imitation firearms only if they are brightly colored is now being drafted by the city attorney's office and may be introduced later this year.

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-replica-guns-20131105,0,6522365.story#axzz2jhZFsnzB

shall not be infringed.......expert training.......peace officers......shooting kid within two seconds because the kid wanted to see who was yelling at him.

yeah, perfectly acceptable, right police statist?

Denver police arrested two teenage boys after they broke into a middle school carrying BB guns that looked like assault rifles and refused to leave for several hours.

The two 15-year-old boys, each carrying a school bag and what a witness described as long rifles, were seen breaking into the Rachel B. Noel Middle School in Colorado's largest city, Denver Police Chief Robert White told reporters at a press conference...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/05/us-usa-crime-denver-idUSBRE9A40HU20131105

shall not be infringed.......expert training.......peace officers......shooting kid within two seconds because the kid wanted to see who was yelling at him.

yeah, perfectly acceptable, right police statist?

How long should they have waited?
If it was your intention to shoot someone, how long after turning would it take you to pull the trigger?

I'm not saying that it's a good thing for the boy to be dead; but what if the gun had been real, the officers "took cover", and the boy had shot someone?
I know exactly what would be happening.
The "all knowing public" would be screaming that the cops were cowards and derelict in their duties, for hiding and not taking action.
This is a no win situation.

How long should they have waited?
at least long enough for the KID to turn around and recognize that it was a cop yelling at him

If it was your intention to shoot someone, how long after turning would it take you to pull the trigger?
irrelevant

I'm not saying that it's a good thing for the boy to be dead; but what if the gun had been real, the officers "took cover", and the boy had shot someone?
I know exactly what would be happening.
The "all knowing public" would be screaming that the cops were cowards and derelict in their duties, for hiding and not taking action.
This is a no win situation.
then get rid of all cops. we'll save a hell of alot of millions on training that they don't seem to be able to use.

it depends how the actual scene played out. if the kid was just standing there like a mouthbreather looking at the cop with what looks like an ak47 in his hand, and was told clearly twice to drop it, then it's time for a lead salad. If the cop was just like "yo, drop the gun drop the gun" and the kid didn't even know who the fuck was talking to him before even turning around, then the cop overreacted. I don't think the written account does the scene justice.

at least long enough for the KID to turn around and recognize that it was a cop yelling at him

irrelevant

then get rid of all cops. we'll save a hell of alot of millions on training that they don't seem to be able to use.

With all your proclamations of knowledge, you know as well as I do that if the cop would have waited that long and the weapon was real; then it would more them likely ended up in a fire fight and the public would be endangered.
As to your "irrelevant" comment; that's only because you know as well as I do what the outcome would be.

You seem to be saying that if you caught someone on your property and they were carrying what appeared to be a weapon, that you allow them the time to take a shot at you; which we both know is bullshit.

irrelevant

We can dispense justice via revolutionary tribunals and lynch mobs, just like in the French revolution. Abolish all law, and may the person with the most guns just do whatever they want. That's true freedom, when there are no rights, no law, no government, just people shooting at each other according to their arbitrary caprice.

Last edited:
With all your proclamations of knowledge, you know as well as I do that if the cop would have waited that long and the weapon was real; then it would more them likely ended up in a fire fight and the public would be endangered.
As to your "irrelevant" comment; that's only because you know as well as I do what the outcome would be.

You seem to be saying that if you caught someone on your property and they were carrying what appeared to be a weapon, that you allow them the time to take a shot at you; which we both know is bullshit.
all of this is crap. you're granting the power of life and death to someone who wears a badge, one who is supposed to be expertly trained, then like a cowardly puss, you grant them near immunity because they are in fear of their life. just like all the others, you're a police state loving statist.

all of this is crap. you're granting the power of life and death to someone who wears a badge, one who is supposed to be expertly trained, then like a cowardly puss, you grant them near immunity because they are in fear of their life. just like all the others, you're a police state loving statist.

I'm not granting immunity from anything.
What you want to do is make them more of a target, then you're willing to do.
You act like they're supposed to get shot or shot at, before they respond and yet, you've commented numerous times what you would do to protect yourself.

You're a coward.

I'm not granting immunity from anything.
What you want to do is make them more of a target, then you're willing to do.
You act like they're supposed to get shot or shot at, before they respond and yet, you've commented numerous times what you would do to protect yourself.

You're a coward.
oh, bullshit. if they are not cognizant of the risks of law enforcement as well as the BS motto of 'protect and serve', then they need to find a new line of work. It's imbecile police state lovers like you that allow idiot cop agencies to adopt the mindset of 'whatever it takes to go home at the end of my shift' and ignore the innocent deaths that they cause for it. YOU are directly responsible for this kids death every bit as much as the murdering cop that shot him.

oh, bullshit. if they are not cognizant of the risks of law enforcement as well as the BS motto of 'protect and serve', then they need to find a new line of work. It's imbecile police state lovers like you that allow idiot cop agencies to adopt the mindset of 'whatever it takes to go home at the end of my shift' and ignore the innocent deaths that they cause for it. YOU are directly responsible for this kids death every bit as much as the murdering cop that shot him.

{Translation]
blah - blah - blah - blah
[/Translation]

You've said what you would do if you felt that your life was threatened and yet you want others to respond, only after they've been shot at or shot.
You're a lying hypocrite; but please continue to bloviate your asininity.

{Translation]
blah - blah - blah - blah
[/Translation]

You've said what you would do if you felt that your life was threatened and yet you want others to respond, only after they've been shot at or shot.
You're a lying hypocrite; but please continue to bloviate your asininity.
so you've got no retort? find where I said I would shoot first and never ask questions. also, again, explain WHY we spend millions on this so called expert training only to excuse their irrational actions.

Back