liberals baby terrorists

robdastud

from O'Reilly with whom i totally agree

Breaking it down, when lives are at stake, name, rank and jihad number doesn't cut it. And I believe there will be a compromise on the Senate floor. And President Bush will get the power to order the CIA to use tough interrogation methods.

I also believe the debate has hurt Senator McCain, and Colin Powell, and others who put a torture label on things that are obviously not torture.

Causing a suspected terrorist discomfort is necessary at times to get information. Those techniques have to be closely monitored and used only with presidential approval. But enough is enough with this baloney. We're fighting a war here. All the theory in the world is not going to defeat the enemy -- who is laughing at us as this debate takes the Senate floor this week. They're laughing at us.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,214462,00.html

these are terrorists who are trying to kill us... why are liberals so outraged?? they want to ruin this country... im not going to lose any sleep over how they are treated, but liberals will i guess...

liberals only care how they are mistreated in the context of protecting our troops from similar mistreatment at the hands of future enemies.

If you think it's OK to waterboard a Gitmo detainee.... you need to understand that, by doing so, we give future enemies carte blanche to waterboard American soldiers they capture on the battlefield.

I hate to see a compromise on this. Bush is right to ask for his point be validated. McCain has lost it. To bad.

Sorry Maine, did you really believe that they will abide by the law when they don't mind killing innocent men, women and children? LOL

Actually knowing Rob he is partially serious. Rob's politics are probably more like the average guy on the street than anyone else here. His political ideas are framed from within his perception of how they affect him directly or do not affect him.

Rob has little reason to care about the treatment of prisoners.

Actually knowing Rob he is partially serious. Rob's politics are probably more like the average guy on the street than anyone else here. His political ideas are framed from within his perception of how they affect him directly or do not affect him.

Rob has little reason to care about the treatment of prisoners.

good call you get to the bonus round IHG, ill have to do something to throw you off... but yes, i am telling the truth on this... im really not worried about a terrorist getting waterboarded or whatever. I mean if we found OBL tomorrow i would hope they would torture the hell out of him. Why should i care how we treat people who are actively seeking ways to try to kill me and my family?

again..the issue is not how AQ treats prisoners..... nothing we can do will get them to treat them humanely. The issue is any and all nation-state enemies of the future. When we waterboard detainees today, we send a message on out to those enemies of the future that it is perfectly acceptable to treat American POW's exactly the same way.

The bill doesn't support torture, just more lib bull shit and misdirection. it means to clarify what is meant by the general words in the statement. Why the need to distort the facts?

Why should i care how we treat people who are actively seeking ways to try to kill me and my family?

Because they might be innocent like Maher Arar. I know a good number of Muslims personally. It would bother me a lot to know that they could be taken somewhere and tortured because of faulty information about involvement with terrorism.

As for the turning blue business, OK, I suppose that isn't much fun. But hey, it got him to talk, and that led to Khalid Sheik Mohammed and Ramzi Binalshibh.

Is turning a guy blue really so bad if getting those guys is the result? People certainly have been subjected to worse. Mr. Zubaydah ought to be happy he only turned blue.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,214599,00.html

well then talk up and you'll have nothin to worry about... as was the case with the said post... we caought some people who could have harmed us IHG...

What do you mean talk up? What if you have no information? You assume guilt. When someone is arrested should the police be able to torture a confession out of them? Ah but all they have to do is confess and they won't be tortured.

this is actually why those confessions are false and the information is false. They just want the pain to stop. Maher Arar gave a false confession because of the torture visited upon him.

well then talk up and you'll have nothin to worry about... as was the case with the said post... we caought some people who could have harmed us IHG...
and if rob is pulled over for DUI, a person is caught that could have harmed us as well....

Yes Rob was seen swerving by a cop. The cop should pull him over and beat him until he confesses to having drunk to much. If he wishes to avoid the beating he should confess.

And also get him to admit which bartender gave him too much too drink.
After all we couls be saving a small bays life here.

People need to read this that I am putting below. Remember this guy is and always was, innocent. Now, I don't personally believe that the United States of America should ever be torturing anybody, but for those who believe that we only do it to "the terrorists" please wake up and understand how evil what we did here is, and that if you support it, that is on your soul.

"AMY GOODMAN: I first interviewed Maher Arar in 2003. It was November, just a few weeks after he was sent back to Canada from Syria. He described what happened to him there.

MAHER ARAR: Really, I mean, when I arrived there, I just couldn't believe it. I thought first it was a dream. I was crying all the time. I was disoriented. I wished I had something in my hand to kill myself, because I knew I was going to be tortured, and this was my preoccupation. That's all I was thinking about when I was on the plane. And I arrived there. I was crying all the time. So, one of them started questioning me, and the others were taking notes. And the first day it was mainly routine questions, between 8 to 12.

And the second day, that's when the beatings started, because, you know, on the first day they did not find anything strange about what I told them. And they started beating me with a cable, electrical threaded cable, and they would beat me for three, four times. They would stop again, and they would ask questions again, and they always kept telling me, “You are a liar,” and things like that. So, the beating continued for the first two weeks. The most -- the most intensive -- the intensive beating was really the first week, and then after that it was mostly slapping, punching on the face and kicking.

So, on the third day when they didn't find anything, third or fourth day, they -- in my view, they just wanted to please the Americans, and they had to find something on me. So, because I was accused of being an al-Qaeda member, which is nowadays synonymous with Afghanistan, they told me, “You've been to a training camp in Afghanistan.” And I said, “No.” And they started beating me. And I said -- well, I had no choice. I just wanted the beating to stop. I said, “Of course, I've been to Afghanistan.” I was ready to confess to anything just to stop the torture.

AMY GOODMAN: That was Maher Arar speaking to us in November of 2003 just after he had been released from the Syrian jail and was back in Canada. We spoke to him again just months ago, talking about the psychological effects of that year's detention. This is Maher Arar again.

MAHER ARAR: I’m completely a different person. I still have fears. I don't take the plane anymore. I don't fly. I lost confidence in myself. I feel overwhelmed. My -- there is some kind of emotional distancing between me and my kids and my family. They ruined my life. They ruined my life, and I have not been able to find a job. People try to -- you know, some people I know, they try to distance themselves from me. It's -- you know, I don't know how to describe it. I don't think there is any word I could use to describe what I am going through. And I thought when I came back it would take me a month or two months or a year or two years to get back to normal life. It’s been two years and four months since I came back to Canada, and there are things that are improved a little bit, but I’m still not the same person, and I’m still suffering psychologically. "

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/09/19/1348206

Back