Life's not fair

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
For the last 6 months my wife has been pestering to get her a dog. Told me she wanted one for Christmas. My sisters have conspired with her. My position is that we needed a dog like we need a hole in our head. Finally after about 6 months of tag team nagging I gave in and agreed to the purchase of a Miniature Pinscher (MinPin for short....there really just Rat Terriers that have the markings of Pinschers) from a friend of my sisters. That was just before Christmas. My wife was acting all excited like having a new baby and couldn't wait to pick the puppy up. I, on the other hand, have been "Bah Humbug" and have collected stew recipes in case the dog is a pain in the ass.

So last weekend we finally picked up the dog after it had been weened. My wife was sooo excited. I had narrowed down my stew recipes.

So we get the dog and guess what?

It likes me better than her! :cof1:

Stew recipes? Deep six that thought man, I’ve been to Asia and speaking from experience Miniature Pinscher meat is stringy and disgusting. Stick to Lhasa Apso stew. Delicious!
lhasaapsoabby8monthsold.jpg

No worries mate, you’ll fall in love with that dog in no time. Dogs are the best. And P.S. bro', some newlywed advice: just act like you’re into anything the wifey wants. Even if she drags you to the Opera; I just act like I enjoy it (j/k, I actually like opera). Most of those gals put up with most of our BS and do pretty much anything to make us happy, so reciprocation is always good karma!

Last edited:
We'll we've been married for over 5 years now...hardly newlyweds and actually I"m a dog lover. Just being practical. I don't want the responsibility for one right now and it's my way of reinforcing the dog will be her responsibility. So far she's been a good little pooch and she's obviously scored major points by showing me more attention and affection then the wife....which gives me a pretty good chuckle. The wife has actually gotten jealous of the pup.

We'll we've been married for over 5 years now...hardly newlyweds and actually I"m a dog lover. Just being practical. I don't want the responsibility for one right now and it's my way of reinforcing the dog will be her responsibility. So far she's been a good little pooch and she's obviously scored major points by showing me more attention and affection then the wife....which gives me a pretty good chuckle. The wife has actually gotten jealous of the pup.
Congratulations, you've been outsmarted by a dog.

Min-Pins have a tendency to attach to one person. We had one back in the day. Good dogs but they have a napoleonic complex the size of Manhattan.

Min-Pins have a tendency to attach to one person. We had one back in the day. Good dogs but they have a napoleonic complex the size of Manhattan.
The dog should be all right...as long as I'm around. Terrriers are working dogs. Keep them busy killing rats (or just keep them busy) and I don't forget their really bred to be a working dog that kills rodents. The wife on the other hand wants to make a psuedo-child out of her and I'm having a hard time convincing her that you train a 8 lb rat terrier the same way you train a 120 lb Rottweiller.

Like I told her the other day, would you let my sisters 80 lb lab jump in your lap and lick all over your face? No? Then why would you let a min-pin do that? (answer...because she's sooo cute!). I'm bound and determined this will be one small dog that doesn't develop small dog syndrome (more accurately stupid owner syndrome).

As for the Napoleonic complex.....my wife has one too. That should prove interesting. ;)

Back