List of Faux Pas From Different Cultures Around The World

It's very interesting. In Iraq giving the thumbs up is considered to be a very rude gesture. I guess like giving the finger is here. I hope our troops know that.

And look at this one:

"It is common in many Asian countries that the person cooking a meal will say that there was something wrong with it ("Oh, it was too salty.") You are expected to disagree ("No, no, it was incredible!")

All this time, I had no idea my mother was Asian.

Look at this:

Bangladesh
While it is acceptable for men to shake hands in greetings, women are only permitted to nod. [10]
Eating should be done with only the right hand. [11]
The American thumbs up gesture is considered obscene. [12]

So giving the thumbs up is obscene there. You could get into a lot of trouble traveling to these places I guess. And what is it with this "women are only permitted" crap?

Women are only permitted to nod. I'd be in jail there in about one minute.

Look at this:

Bangladesh
While it is acceptable for men to shake hands in greetings, women are only permitted to nod. [10]
Eating should be done with only the right hand. [11]
The American thumbs up gesture is considered obscene. [12]

So giving the thumbs up is obscene there. You could get into a lot of trouble traveling to these places I guess. And what is it with this "women are only permitted" crap?

Women are only permitted to nod. I'd be in jail there in about one minute.
Well, look at it this way: shaking hands is really unsanitary anyhow. We should all take a tip from the Japanese that way.

Well, look at it this way: shaking hands is really unsanitary anyhow. We should all take a tip from the Japanese that way.

I don't have a thing about it, I shake hands all the time. But I defintely understand why some people would, and if I really let myself think about it, I could probably pick up that germphobic thing.

Are you saying that my hands are unclean?

I can't make that judgement from here. According to Ornot evidently all of our hands are unclean. And if we still use cash, who knows what we have touched. I have actually smelled money that still stunk of cocaine.

I can't make that judgement from here. According to Ornot evidently all of our hands are unclean. And if we still use cash, who knows what we have touched. I have actually smelled money that still stunk of cocaine.
Then why did you want me to sanitize my hands before touching the holy Barack?

Back