LOL, Only in America.

uscitizen

Villified User
BUSH BEATS 'IDOL'

STATE OF UNION SPEECH PULLS 6.7 RATING/10 SHARE FOR FOX-TV, TOPS NBC'S 6.6 RATING/10 SHARE, 5.7/8 CBS; ABC LAST PLACE AT 5.0/7... MORE... TOTAL BIG 4 'STATE' 24.0 RATING/35 SHARE OVER 'IDOL' 19.0 RATING/28 SHARE ON FOX... DEVELOPING...

From drudgereport.com

Only in America, does the President compete against American Idle trash.

No, I'm pretty sure the Brits compete against Pop Idol when they go on the tube for their political speeches...

In Britan does the right wing web sites use their candidate beating a trash show in viewer ratings as a positive thing like Matt Drudge did ?

In Britan does the right wing web sites use their candidate beating a trash show in viewer ratings as a positive thing like Matt Drudge did ?
No, it is likely the left-wing. Tony Blair isn't exactly a free-market right-winger religious spendthrift....

USC, you have a lot of class but it's all low.
The SOTU speach is always second to the SuperBowl for the year.

BUSH BEATS 'IDOL'

STATE OF UNION SPEECH PULLS 6.7 RATING/10 SHARE FOR FOX-TV, TOPS NBC'S 6.6 RATING/10 SHARE, 5.7/8 CBS; ABC LAST PLACE AT 5.0/7... MORE... TOTAL BIG 4 'STATE' 24.0 RATING/35 SHARE OVER 'IDOL' 19.0 RATING/28 SHARE ON FOX... DEVELOPING...

From drudgereport.com

Only in America, does the President compete against American Idle trash.

It seems to be reporting that more people watched the speech on FOX than on any other channel, and stressing that more than winning against Idol. It then says that the viewers on FOX beat Idol... So, when adding all of the viewers, even on those channels that people watched it less on, it is quite significantly more than Idol...

uscit, you seem to be spinning more and more lately. What's up?

Not spinning, just think it is funny that we look at comparisons between peoples attention to the presidential speech and a trashy TV show. I think it is a somewhat sad commentary on our society.
How did you miss that point Damo ?

Not spinning, just think it is funny that we look at comparisons between peoples attention to the presidential speech and a trashy TV show. I think it is a somewhat sad commentary on our society.
How did you miss that point Damo ?
I didn't miss it, I just read the story. When I read the actual story I find it didn't focus on that particular point...

It wasn't like somebody sat back and asked the question, "Did we beat Idol?"

They simply reported the viewing ratings. The actual focus of the story is that Fox beat out all the other news channels on viewership of the speech, not that it beat Idol.

Back