LOL: Romney's Aides used fake Police badges to hassle Journalists

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Romney aide’s bogus badges: Sources detail ‘illegal’ security tactic

By Casey Ross/ Exclusive
Boston Herald Reporter
Friday, July 20, 2007 - Updated: 12:21 PM EST

In an apparent violation of the law, a controversial aide to ex-Gov. Mitt Romney created phony law enforcement badges that he and other staffers used on the campaign trail to strong-arm reporters, avoid paying tolls and trick security guards into giving them immediate access to campaign venues, sources told the Herald.

The bogus badges were part of the bizarre security tactics allegedly employed by Jay Garrity, the director of operations for Romney who is under investigation for impersonating a law enforcement officer in two states. Garrity is on a leave of absence from the campaign while the probe is ongoing.

http://news.bostonherald.com/politics/view.bg?articleid=1012402

Will someone...............

Please post a link to a DOJ arrest report...this is silly... make a accusation without a legal report..shame on all of you!

impersonating a cop is a serious felony cawacko. Especially if you use it, to bully people and avoid paying tolls.

This was Romney's top operations manager. My wife knew a dude in Texas who went to prison for impersonating a cop.

If they will surround themselves with people like this during a campaign what kind of people will they pick for Government posts?

Be careful now...............

If they will surround themselves with people like this during a campaign what kind of people will they pick for Government posts?

was it not you who said the government would seize your assets for protesting..are you that brave?????????????? lol

impersonating a cop is a serious felony cawacko. Especially if you use it, to bully people and avoid paying tolls.

This was Romney's top operations manager. My wife knew a dude in Texas who went to prison for impersonating a cop.

I think its stupid that they did it and just reinforces the sense of entitlement poiticians at this high level feel. I know its a serious issue. I obviously could be wrong in thinking this will not garner much coverage.

Lol..............

I think its stupid that they did it and just reinforces the sense of entitlement poiticians at this high level feel. I know its a serious issue. I obviously could be wrong in thinking this will not garner much coverage.

and you fell for the proverbial trap...say it and it is true..did you see a DOJ arrest report? I think not this is hyporbal at it's best...!@ I am not a fan of Romney but this is just plain silly..or stupid to say the least!

Last edited:

See, if Nixon hadn't gotten a pardon, we might not have corruption in the government to the extent that it is today!

Persecute them to the full extent of the law so they don't think they are above it!

See, if Nixon hadn't gotten a pardon, we might not have corruption in the government to the extent that it is today!

Persecute them to the full extent of the law so they don't think they are above it!

Politicians have been corrupt since the day this country was founded. Nixon being pardoned didn't change anything.

itn would appear that one more Rep nominee bites the dust. (dependent of course on the truth of the charges.)

Back