Loons even attract each other!

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/04/30/romney-favors-hubbard-novel/

One of the worst novels of all time. It's just the fact that it was written by scientoligist founder Ron Hubbard that it made it sell at all. Crazy Mormons like stuff by crazy scientoligists... imagine. How could Romney even get through it? Does he actually have enough intelligence to understand words? God, I hope our nation avoids this travesty.

“What’s your favorite novel?” is a perennial campaign question, the answer to which presumably gives insight into leadership.

A “Moby-Dick” lover may understand the perils of obsessively chasing of a goal. A fan of “To Kill a Mockingbird” may well focus on racial justice.

When asked his favorite novel in an interview shown yesterday on the Fox News Channel, Mitt Romney pointed to “Battlefield Earth,” a novel by L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology. That book was turned into a film by John Travolta, a Scientologist.

A spokesman said later it was one of Mr. Romney’s favorite novels.
“I’m not in favor of his religion by any means,” Mr. Romney, a Mormon, said. “But he wrote a book called ‘Battlefield Earth’ that was a very fun science-fiction book.” Asked about his favorite book, Mr. Romney cited the Bible.

Hummm....

I suppose my fav novel would be..."The New Centurians" go figure...since I love Roman History and went into LE...:cof1:

It wasn't that bad of a novel. The goal was to write a pure science fiction novel, something few do nowadays.

It wasn't that bad of a novel. The goal was to write a pure science fiction novel, something few do nowadays.

It wasn't "real" science fiction by any accord, (not even the HG Wells type "soft" science fiction) had no deep meaning, and all the characters were types instead of believievable. He completely skipped over things like love and compassion, and thoroughly pursued his flawed and stupid vision of evil. A piece of trash, if you will.

The movie was the worst thing in the history of man. Maybe Plan 9 From Outer Space was "worse", but that was to really be expected. And it's not much to cmopare yourself to.

My favorite novel is "To Kill A Mockingbird", is that what it says about me, then "The Poisinwood Bible"

Well, I certainly wouldn't call it my favorite.

In sci-fi that would probably be "Stranger In A Strange Land" by Heinlien...

Battlefield Earth, eh?

I'd advise you Americans to keep an eye on this Kittens Romney cove, he sounds a little too intellectual for my liking.

It wasn't "real" science fiction by any accord, (not even the HG Wells type "soft" science fiction) had no deep meaning, and all the characters were types instead of believievable. He completely skipped over things like love and compassion, and thoroughly pursued his flawed and stupid vision of evil. A piece of trash, if you will.

The movie was the worst thing in the history of man. Maybe Plan 9 From Outer Space was "worse", but that was to really be expected. And it's not much to cmopare yourself to.

The book was not that bad and it had love and compassion. The movie sucked big time though. And it did have messages one of which was pure capitalism kinda like Ferengi's.
Did you even read the book or just see the movie ?
I think It was the best of Hubbards books.

Back