Mac Safari Emulation?

KingCondanomation

I have a website and it seems fine with all the major browsers: IE, Firefox, Opera and Safari for Windows.
However Safari on Apple there is a user complaining they can't use some things properly (like a Javascript date picker that I wrote for example).

1. Is this possible or has anyone seen this before, that Safari can work fine on Windows but have problems on a Mac? (I ask as perhaps the user isn't understanding it).
2. Does anyone know some sort of Mac emulation type program I can use for Windows so I can try and test this out?

Thanks.

And no I am not buying a Mac. ;)

All the mac emulators that I know of suck because they all emulate ancient OS like 8.0.

They are worse than useless. Just ask somebody you know with a mac to go to the site and have them test it.

Grind can do what you need and provide you with input.

If you'd like I could show you how to run a virtualization program to run the OS on your system and buy (or pirate, the chances of you getting caught are zilch but I'm not really supposed to advocate this) Mac OS X, but it would be so much easier to go through grind.

If you'd like I could show you how to run a virtualization program to run the OS on your system and buy (or pirate, the chances of you getting caught are zilch but I'm not really supposed to advocate this) Mac OS X, but it would be so much easier to go through grind.

Technically speaking, it is "illegal" to install Mac OS X on non-Apple hardware to begin with, so whether he pirates it or not is irrelevant. Setting that little technicality aside (coming from one who has never purchased software), I am currently sporting Tiger on my x86 notebook and will soon be updating to Leopard. I am however running it natively on a dedicated partition. In King's case, I'd recommend running it on top of VMware - less risk, and far simpler to accomplish.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3779546/Mac_OS_X_x86_VMWare_Image

I can't say with absolute certainty that it will work for you, but it's worth a shot.

You can download the latest VMware Workstation by similar means. ;)

Last edited:
Threads like this make me feel so old and stupid.

Don't feel bad about it, Sol.

It is a scientific fact that the less you understand what is going on in threads like this the greater the chances are that girls actually want talk to you.

Don't feel bad about it, Sol.

It is a scientific fact that the less you understand what is going on in threads like this the greater the chances are that girls actually want talk to you.

You just made my day, Charver!

Technically speaking, it is "illegal" to install Mac OS X on non-Apple hardware to begin with, so whether he pirates it or not is irrelevant. Setting that little technicality aside (coming from one who has never purchased software), I am currently sporting Tiger on my x86 notebook and will soon be updating to Leopard. I am however running it natively on a dedicated partition. In King's case, I'd recommend running it on top of VMware - less risk, and far simpler to accomplish.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3779546/Mac_OS_X_x86_VMWare_Image

I can't say with absolute certainty that it will work for you, but it's worth a shot.

You can download the latest VMware Workstation by similar means. ;)

Yeah VMWare's what I meant by "virtualization".

I didn't know Apple had that requirement on the OS though.

Back