Man Vs Food

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Man Vs Food has been to Columbus twice now and got it right with the manly food of carnivores. If you're in Columbus there's 3 places to munch meat and the Travel Network nailed two of them.

Thurman's Cafe. It's a small neighborhood bar that first opened in the 1920's with killer burgers. If you can eat a whole Thurminator (5 lbs!) you're a real pig.....for all that size....it's really a damned good burger. My buddy and I will split one with a pitcher of Leinenkugel. That's good eats!

Schmidt's Sausage Haus. It's as authentic German food as you can get this side of the autobahn. Brats, Mets, Wurst to numerous to mention, Sourbratten, Bahama Mama's, etc. If you like unidentified pork parts stuffed in natural lamb gut casings and grilled till they pop......this is the place for you. Their German style potato salad is to die for which is ok if you do cause heaven is one of their half pound cream puffs for dessert.

Katzinger's Deli hasn't made the show yet but I suspect it's a future episode. If you like Deli sandwiches with heaps and heaps of thin sliced meats (and a pickle)...this is your kinda place.

So what carnophilic cathedrals do ya'll have in your town?

Uhmmm you're welcome. Since I posted that almost nine years ago I've had two heart attacks, quintuple by-pass surgery and I've become a vegan.

Back