Manny took peformance enhancing drugs :(

lol. I should bring back the post where you were so proud your team did it without enhancements....

Seriously naive, Grind... Not your best work.

thank goodness he doesn't still play at Fenway!

and damo... clearly, he only started the juice after he got to LA! ;)

thank goodness he doesn't still play at Fenway!

and damo... clearly, he only started the juice after he got to LA! ;)

LA is where all the good drugs are (minus Oregon weed and WA meth)! Seriously, what the hell do they have up in Boston? The IRA trafficks weapons, but that's all I can think of... :cool:

no proof he took them while being on red sox yet and we don't even know what he took. it was a banned substance but there are mixed reports over whether or not it was really "performance enhancing"

I just read the story on CNN. They're saying that although it wasn't a steroid it did fall under the new, broader category of performance-enhancing drugs. The nature of the drug wasn't disclosed.

Curiously, Manny is claiming that this was a drug prescribed for him for some undisclosed health problem and that the prescribing physician said that it would be "okay". It seems to me that if this is true, he should take responsibility for helping to change the criteria for "performance-enhancing" category to consider and perhaps exempt therapeutic treatments. That he did not do so but accepted a huge, 50-game suspension makes me suspicious of his statement. He'd have done himself more good, in terms of image at least, just to keep silent; it's hard to believe the "therapeutic" aspect under the circumstances.

good micro brews, good chowder, apparently our beans are good but im not into that stuff. We steal maine lobster so that like half counts, also we have very good weed in MA so suck it 3d

and manny was tested while on the red sox and always passed.
And so were most of the people who got caught from other teams and later were found out by people who turned them in...

The testing is flawed, very much so. Using that as evidence he didn't juice up at one place but at another he thought, "Why, what a great idea!"

Geez. Naivete is cute in children, Grind, but in adults its just sad.

I hate that f*cker Manny! Of course I'm going to tonights Dodgers game so I won't get to watch him but this is great. LA is in Jonestown mode right now.

I agree...I loved to watch him play, because that is what he did...PLAY. He PLAYED the GAME of baseball with the joy of a child.

I must admit that I was disappointed in how he quit trying for Boston in order to get traded.

A recent update explains, to me at least, why he was reluctant to discuss the nature of the drug he took. It was a gonadotropic hormone, to treat erectile dysfunction. Although I can understand why he wouldn't want to go public with this, now that the information has made it into the media, I'd hope he'd try, perhaps through his agent, to encourage some common sense in the testing procedures.

A recent update explains, to me at least, why he was reluctant to discuss the nature of the drug he took. It was a gonadotropic hormone, to treat erectile dysfunction. Although I can understand why he wouldn't want to go public with this, now that the information has made it into the media, I'd hope he'd try, perhaps through his agent, to encourage some common sense in the testing procedures.

so, in a sense, it was a "performance enhancing drug" all along!

Back