Mardi Gras

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
The fact that anyone would have it in their head that it would be a fun thing to do to get out of bed just so that they could stand on the street, in hot weather, and have people throw plastic at them is a testament to the stupidity of southerners.

The fact that anyone would have it in their head that it would be a fun thing to do to get out of bed just so that they could stand on the street, in hot weather, and have people throw plastic at them is a testament to the stupidity of southerners.

You have obviously never been to a mardi gras.

Its the biggest party in the USA. New Orleans stocks up on booze and invites the world down to have a blast.

Not my cup of tea any longer, but I have some very fond (if hazy) memories.

The coolest Mardi Gras celebration I ever went to was in a small town. It was in Eunice LA. Some of the costumes were 3 generations old, and the party was less rowdy but more colorful.

Lots of fun.

5 people were shot at mardi gras today, one is an infant.

NO will never be the same.

new orlenas is, and has always been a total complete shithole. It is the armpit of america and I will never go there in a bajillion years.

Girls like beads.

They will do many things for said beads.

So you got that angle. Add in everyone having a good time , standing in the street getting totally plastered together.

go back to world of warcraft lol.

new orlenas is, and has always been a total complete shithole. It is the armpit of america and I will never go there in a bajillion years.

Grind, for much of Nawlins, you are absolutely correct.

But the good parts are so great, its worth the trip. Before you die, you really should have a at Cafe' du Monde, have a drink on Bourbon St, and eat in one of the excellent creole restaurants. And if you can manage to watch a funeral procession go by, you will enjoy it.

Let me know if you ever want to go and I'll meet you there as a free guide.

But the good parts are so great, its worth the trip. Before you die, you really should have a at Cafe' du Monde, have a drink on Bourbon St, and eat in one of the excellent creole restaurants. And if you can manage to watch a funeral procession go by, you will enjoy it.

Won't you get killed by Kananga's henchmen if you watch a funeral procession go by?

That's not really true. We have retarded Mardi Gras celebrations in the North, such as the Seattle one in 2001 at Pioneer Square that broke out into violence and rioting, and in which people were killed.

Won't you get killed by Kananga's henchmen if you watch a funeral procession go by?

Bit of trivia for you...

Ross Kananga was the name of the owner of the crocodile farm in which Bond escapes some hungry reptiles. Kananga did this stunt by himself wearing Roger Moore's clothes and shoes made of crocodile skin. It took five attempts to complete the stunt. During the fourth attempt, one of the crocodiles snapped at one of the shoes as it went by. The producers liked Ross Kananga so much that the movie's villain, Dr. Kananga, was named after him.

You said it! I've been there for conferences, never for Mardi Gras, but New Orleans has a special place in my heart.

Bit of trivia for you...

Ross Kananga was the name of the owner of the crocodile farm in which Bond escapes some hungry reptiles. Kananga did this stunt by himself wearing Roger Moore's clothes and shoes made of crocodile skin. It took five attempts to complete the stunt. During the fourth attempt, one of the crocodiles snapped at one of the shoes as it went by. The producers liked Ross Kananga so much that the movie's villain, Dr. Kananga, was named after him.

Damn, in all the bonus footage I possess, the only thing talked about is that the generic stuntman performing the feat had that incident with the crocs on on of the attempts!

I think my favorite trivia bit is still that James Bond wrote a book about birds of the Caribbean and Fleming used the author's name for his 007 character.

Damn, in all the bonus footage I possess, the only thing talked about is that the generic stuntman performing the feat had that incident with the crocs on on of the attempts!

Gotta love IMDb! I picked up that bit a couple of weeks ago during the Bond marathon on STARZ.

I think my favorite trivia bit is still that James Bond wrote a book about birds of the Caribbean and Fleming used the author's name for his 007 character.

I always liked that fact as well. I've been looking for that book since learning about it.

Back