Mars! Some good pictures...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...Mars--look-surprisingly-like-parts-Earth.html

Incredible pictures of Mars - and they look surprisingly like some parts of Earth

By David Derbyshire
Last updated at 11:47 AM on 16th July 2008

Ever since Victorian astronomers pointed their telescopes towards Mars and wrongly believed they had discovered canals, mankind has been obsessed by the red planet.

Now these astonishing new images - captured by a European spacecraft in orbit around Mars - are helping to fuel that fascination.

They show in astonishing detail a network of giant valleys, vast plains and towering waterfalls carved into the surface of our neighbouring planet, millions of miles away.

More at link...

Amazing. I read a similar story today, in which the headline said that new evidence suggests that Mars was once covered in water.

I wonder what happened? And what are the implications for Earth?

Amazing. I read a similar story today, in which the headline said that new evidence suggests that Mars was once covered in water.

Well, there used to be a planet between Mars and Jupiter. A great hypothesis I heard once is that its core couldn't withstand the competing gravitational pulls of the Sun and Jupiter, so it eventually collapsed. Perhaps when this happened, it caused a change in the Martian climate and atmosphere...

It might be where man came from.
you just never know.

I have been watching "The Universe" on the History channel HD! We just got HD for the channel and it is unbelievable!

Yep so brilliant and clear.

I watch those shows about like my young neice watches the little mermaid.
Enthralled is the word I guess.

Back