Maybe this will send a message

uscitizen

Villified User
Sep 18, 10:57 AM EDT

Mich. woman gets prison term for fatal dog attacks

HOWELL, Mich. (AP) -- A woman whose bulldogs mauled two people to death, including a 91-year-old man, was sentenced Thursday to up to 15 years in prison.

Circuit Judge Stanley Latreille ordered Diane Cockrell to pay restitution as well as serve from 43 months to 15 years.

Cockrell pleaded no contest last month to two felony counts of keeping dangerous animals causing death and a third lesser charge. A no-contest plea isn't an admission of guilt but is treated as such for sentencing purposes.

Authorities said four of Cockrell's dogs attacked 91-year-old Edward Gierlach in his driveway and pounced on 56-year-old Cheryl Harper, who was walking or jogging nearby. The attacks happened last September near Cockrell's home, about 45 miles west of Detroit.

Cockrell had a horse farm on the property, and authorities said the wooden fencing surrounding it was not adequate to keep dogs from escaping. Authorities euthanized her 10 dogs.

Cockrell will report to prison Jan. 2. Defense attorney Daniel Blank did not return a call seeking comment.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FATAL_DOG_ATTACKS?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

DAMMIT! TAKE ME SERIOUSLY SOMEONE!\

\I lover my pit bull!

I doubt anyone while take you serious on posts like this.

But I doubt your pitbull is allowed to run onto other people's property without you.

They are not bad dogs per se, they just require an attentive owner and good training.

I doubt anyone will take you seriously while you continue to be a racist.

Exactly what have I posted that leads you to believe I am a racist?

The fact that I think we should not call ourselves by hypenated names is racist? I am trying to make a point that we are ALL americans.

What is the founding generation ?

You mean those wealthy foudning fathers ? they were fairly well to do.

I think John Hancock was pissed at the british over catching him smuggling rum in.

What is the founding generation ?

You mean those wealthy foudning fathers ? they were fairly well to do.

I think John Hancock was pissed at the british over catching him smuggling rum in.
Yeah, Gen. George was also inton smuggling as part of his small business enterprise. But to truly live up to the principles of the Revolution, one must loathe taxation, or else one is a Torie and still a child of the English Commonwealth at heart.

You're a fucking idiot.
You are irrelevant. Just read your own bloody sig line for confirmation.

Back