McClain skips senior year for draft

Topspin

Verified User
McClain skips senior year for draft
By Chris Low
ESPN.com

Alabama linebacker Rolando McClain, the centerpiece of the Crimson Tide's national championship defense, announced Monday that he was skipping his senior season to enter the NFL draft.

McClain won the Butkus Award this season as the top linebacker in college football and led the Crimson Tide in tackles. He was a three-year starter and has been calling the defensive signals since he was a freshman.

Alabama coach Nick Saban has called McClain one of the smartest players he's ever coached.

"I'm going to leave the university pretty satisfied with what I've done here," McClain said.

Most projections have McClain going in the top half of the first round.

Now can we get a scandal, grades, dope, boys
something to drop this man killer to the saints at the last pick in the first round.

Now can we get a scandal, grades, dope, boys
something to drop this man killer to the saints at the last pick in the first round.

Not surprising. I am disappointed that we won't have him next season, but I didn't really expect him to stay. I was just hoping.

He isn't going to get any better position in the draft by waiting.

Sorry Top, he will go early in the first round.

Come on now, you guy's can at least dig up a scorned ex girlfriend or something anything to get him to the superbowl champs.

Come on now, you guy's can at least dig up a scorned ex girlfriend or something anything to get him to the superbowl champs.

From everything I have read and heard, he doesn't have much of a life outside football and is a genuine good guy. (a little hotheaded when he is playing)

Sorry Top. I am hoping he'll pull down the big bucks and be someone Saban can point to when he recruits.

From everything I have read and heard, he doesn't have much of a life outside football and is a genuine good guy. (a little hotheaded when he is playing)

Sorry Top. I am hoping he'll pull down the big bucks and be someone Saban can point to when he recruits.

My guess is he will go in the top ten... if not... I seriously doubt he gets by the Broncos.

Not surprising. I am disappointed that we won't have him next season, but I didn't really expect him to stay. I was just hoping.

He isn't going to get any better position in the draft by waiting.

Sorry Top, he will go early in the first round.
Actually he should be a midround pick which is great for an LB. Most projections have him being taken with the 11th pick by Denver.

Ross Homan, the kid from my high school Alma Mater and had a break out game in the Rose Bowl (12 tackles, 1 int) is coming back for his senior year. He was projected as a 3rd round pick. He should be able to improve on that with a second year as a starter. His little brother may have the starting Fullback job as OSU. Considering how tiny my alma mater is (less then 300 students in the entire high school) that's a pretty big deal back home.

Was a mixed year for Coldwater high. We made it to the state championship game only to get stomped by Youngstown Ursiline and then our Head Coach announced after the game that he's retiring due to esophageal cancer which means he probably won't be around when the season starts this year.

Actually he should be a midround pick which is great for an LB. Most projections have him being taken with the 11th pick by Denver.

Ross Homan, the kid from my high school Alma Mater and had a break out game in the Rose Bowl (12 tackles, 1 int) is coming back for his senior year. He was projected as a 3rd round pick. He should be able to improve on that with a second year as a starter. His little brother may have the starting Fullback job as OSU. Considering how tiny my alma mater is (less then 300 students in the entire high school) that's a pretty big deal back home.

Was a mixed year for Coldwater high. We made it to the state championship game only to get stomped by Youngstown Ursiline and then our Head Coach announced after the game that he's retiring due to esophageal cancer which means he probably won't be around when the season starts this year.

Sounds like my wife's school. The Britt's went there and are a local sensation. Wesley Britt played O line, Justin Britt played D line, and Taylor Britt played O line. All of them at UA. Wesley and Justin went pro. All came from Cullman AL, which is a smallish town.

I always wondered how much that family spent on groceries. Wesley was 6'8" and 320 lbs. Justin was 6'4" and 302. And Taylor was 6'4" and 278. They had to corner the market in food when they were teens.

Back