Message To Dems: Don't Be Shy!

Prakosh

You've got the wins in Montana and Virginia. Get it: You won. Declare Control of the Senate Now. The Dems have won control of the Senate. But the Republicans will demand recounts in Montana and Virginia because they are losermen. Heck, the networks in 2000 called Florida for Bush and he "won" that race by a couple of hundred. So, the Dems should just take over the Senate. Act Republican. You've got the lead in Montana and Virginia. The winner is the winner. That's what the Busheviks taught us (even though they lost, they declared themselves the winners) You REALLY won. Declare Control of the Senate Now.

Read More Great Stuff Here

You've got the wins in Montana and Virginia. Get it: You won. Declare Control of the Senate Now. The Dems have won control of the Senate. But the Republicans will demand recounts in Montana and Virginia because they are losermen. Heck, the networks in 2000 called Florida for Bush and he "won" that race by a couple of hundred. So, the Dems should just take over the Senate. Act Republican. You've got the lead in Montana and Virginia. The winner is the winner. That's what the Busheviks taught us (even though they lost, they declared themselves the winners) You REALLY won. Declare Control of the Senate Now.

Read More Great Stuff Here

The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee released this statement on the two uncalled races:

Both Jon Tester and Jim Webb have won their races in Montana and Virginia but want to make sure that every vote is counted. We expect to have official results soon but can happily declare today that Democrats have taken the majority in the U.S. Senate.

Montana Vote Situation: Jon Tester leads Conrad Burns by approximately 1,700 votes (as of 11am EDT) and counting. In Silver Bow County (Butte), a Democratic stronghold, votes are still being counted but Tester is winning there with 66% of the vote. We expect to gain the majority of these uncounted votes and to add to Tester's margin.

Montana Process: When the counting phase is completed, a canvass will verify the vote tallies. That process could take as long as 48 hours, and must begin within three days and end within seven. Unless the canvass shows the margin to be within ¼ of 1%, there is no recount. As the loser, Burns would have to request the recount. When the votes are all counted, we expect to be outside that recount margin.

Virginia Vote Situation: Jim Webb is up by approximately 8,000 votes and once the provisional ballots are counted, we expect Webb's margin to increase. (Please note that VA absentees were included in the tallies from last night.)

Virginia Process: A canvass is underway to verify the results and we expect that process to finish within a day or so. To be in recount, the margin needs to be less than 1% and Allen (as the loser) would have to request it. Because of Virginia voting laws, the margin would have to be much tighter than it currently is to see any change in the outcome. Given the current margins, that is highly, highly unlikely.

If both houses go to the Dems, what are the chances of hounding Bush through an investigation into the Iraq debacle?

I seem to remember the Repugnants chasing Clinton around for ages over the BJ he recieved from that fat girl......

49 Reps for sure
47 Dems plus 2 Independents = 49 defacto Dems for sure.

Two senate seats that haven't offically been called, but look like Dem wins - for a Dem majority of 51-49

Actually, I have a question. Technically there are only 47 dems in office to 49 repugnants, would Reid really be the senate leader if this is true?

Actually, I have a question. Technically there are only 47 dems in office to 49 repugnants, would Reid really be the senate leader if this is true?
It depends on who aligns with whom. If the Independants all align with the D Party then the D's would control the Senate.

Yes, it depends on how the independents vote, but they have both said they would vote with the Democrats on issues regarding control of the Senate!

Yes, because Lieberman and Sanders are going to caucus with the Dems, and vote for their Senate leadership. Giving the dems parliamentary control.

If both houses go to the Dems, what are the chances of hounding Bush through an investigation into the Iraq debacle?

I seem to remember the Repugnants chasing Clinton around for ages over the BJ he recieved from that fat girl......

Don't know for sure. Dems have a 100-hour agenda, and six point plan they've pledged to implement. That's got to be a priority.

But the next House Majority Leader - Democrat John Murtha said last night, somewhat cryptically, that: "people are going to be held accountable for the Iraq fiasco"

I don't think the dems should attack anyone on the Repub side unless a great target. Just get public support to track down waste and spending on the war and the truth will expose itself.
Just dig around in the trailings of the Bush administration and many things will be come clear.

I don't think the dems should attack anyone on the Repub side unless a great target. Just get public support to track down waste and spending on the war and the truth will expose itself.
Just dig around in the trailings of the Bush administration and many things will be come clear.

hmmph.....

I want political blood!

What????

:confused:

You just said on another thread that you voted for some Republicans; something about balancing the checkbook????

Anyway this is baffling!!!!!

these are wise words.

If Dems want a permanent majority, they have to provide results the american people want: stem cell research, fixing Medicare part D, minimum wage, and fiscal discipline.

Oversight and investigations are cool. But, don't go overboard.

Back