Michael Vick owes a ton of cash...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...n-field-Michael-Vick-still-fac?urn=nfl-291781

Michael Vick paid his debt to society. Now he's trying to pay back his massive debt to creditors.

Despite earning $4.1 million since signing with the Philadelphia Eagles, Vick lives on a shoestring budget set for him by a court-appointed trustee. Most of his salary goes toward paying back creditors Vick owed before entering federal prison. Those creditors, which include banks, former business colleagues and former endorsement partners, were protected because of Vick's 2008 filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

More at link.

Before BAC left this site he was saying Vick had plenty of money and was not in financial trouble. Not the case. If he makes it through this year healthy he's looking at signing a good contract next year. But to think at one point he had a $130 million contract.

I know little about this, execept that he was convicted of running a dog fighting ring.

I've seen some opinion pieces that said the case would have been dropped if Vick wasn't a footballer.

I know little about this, execept that he was convicted of running a dog fighting ring.

I've seen some opinion pieces that said the case would have been dropped if Vick wasn't a footballer.
I seriously doubt that there were literally hundreds of animals abused by this ring. I'm not one to continue to punish somebody who served their time and I don't believe we should keep Vick from working because of it, but what he did was truly nasty.

Where the hell did you hear that?

I absolutely abhor what he did and am glad they got it stopped. He's served his time and paid/is paying his debts. I have never cared particularly one way or the other for him but after his crucifixion, I am a Michael Vick fan now. I think he's trying to do some things (life things) right and wish him well. I hate that he's with the Eagles but since my Cowboys are out of it I hope he takes his team deep into the playoffs and gets a good contract next year.

I absolutely abhor what he did and am glad they got it stopped. He's served his time and paid/is paying his debts. I have never cared particularly one way or the other for him but after his crucifixion, I am a Michael Vick fan now. I think he's trying to do some things (life things) right and wish him well. I hate that he's with the Eagles but since my Cowboys are out of it I hope he takes his team deep into the playoffs and gets a good contract next year.
It is not often we get a second chance in life and I too think he is grateful and trying to do the best with it!

Back