Can't remember a more overblown scandal than Hillary's emails

The proportion of duration & coverage to actual harm done is absolutely out of control.

Did Hillary screw up? Absolutely. But we're talking about 104 emails out of 30,000 with any additional classification, and none that had any real information that would be harmful to America or compromise our security. It was careless & stupid, but it's slap-on-the-wrist stuff.

It's not criminal, it's not "worse than Watergate," it's not "corrupt." It was stupid. That's it. No way should this be in the news every single day for a year, or the central focus of an opposition campaign.

And sorry - but if the candidate was a dude, or didn't have the last name "Clinton," it would have been a minor story & blip in the campaign.

Come on man. You are trolling now right?

Not at all. It is the same w/ Benghazi. The same people who barely blinked an eyelash about Bush's unnecessary 10-year war that was rife w/ incompetence and tactical mistakes - as well as THOUSANDS of lost lives - are crazed about it.

Total double-standard.

Not at all. It is the same w/ Benghazi. The same people who barely blinked an eyelash about Bush's unnecessary 10-year war that was rife w/ incompetence and tactical mistakes - as well as THOUSANDS of lost lives - are crazed about it.

Total double-standard.

Libyan war 2011 is to Bengazi as the private server is to her classified docs. Look at the big picture

Libyan war 2011 is to Bengazi as the private server is to her classified docs. Look at the big picture

Hillary is a hawk, which is the main reason I'm not voting for her. If people want to argue THAT, it's fine. Frankly, there has been barely any talk of that in this campaign. Trump has brought it up a bit, but compared to the endless email focus, it's hardly been noticeable. And it is much more egregious.

Total double-standard.

Let's just start with this one salient fact that is UNDENIABLE

Upon learning about Hillary's private server, Congress issued a subpoena. The department of justice led by Loretta Lynch alerted Hillary of the subpoena. Upon learning about the subpoena, John Podesta says "we need to dump the email". Hillary Clinton has her team delete 33,000 emails and have the server wiped clean with Bleachbit for what we are supposed to believe are emails about yoga and Chelsea's wedding?

And you are fine with that? Seriously?

The proportion of duration & coverage to actual harm done is absolutely out of control.

Did Hillary screw up? Absolutely. But we're talking about 104 emails out of 30,000 with any additional classification, and none that had any real information that would be harmful to America or compromise our security. It was careless & stupid, but it's slap-on-the-wrist stuff.

It's not criminal, it's not "worse than Watergate," it's not "corrupt." It was stupid. That's it. No way should this be in the news every single day for a year, or the central focus of an opposition campaign.

And sorry - but if the candidate was a dude, or didn't have the last name "Clinton," it would have been a minor story & blip in the campaign.
Yea it's probably going to mean a few more millions of dollars of tax payers money wasted on another partisan Republican attack that will come up with nothing like all the rest of them.

Hillary is a hawk, which is the main reason I'm not voting for her. If people want to argue THAT, it's fine. Frankly, there has been barely any talk of that in this campaign. Trump has brought it up a bit, but compared to the endless email focus, it's hardly been noticeable. And it is much more egregious.
not that she is just a hawk -she's an innate interventionist -being a hawk isn't bad, it's how you operate that counts.

The emails by themselves wouldn't be so bad if they ere just a "mistake" -they were set up to deliberately avoid FOIA/transparency.
Then look how she handles it - everything she said turned out to be lies starting in that March 2015 press conference.
She dissembled constantly , and finally said the "FBI showed she never lied to American public"- another lie.

well i think this email story is one of the biggest scandals of all time and shows how corrupt and shady she is and how she is always trying to get around the rules. She put our national security at risk by setting up her private server. Her server was apparently hacked ten times. This wouldn't happen on an internal government network not connected to the internet. and I didn't give a shit about the whole benghazi thing so I'm not one of those people. And thus, that's why we have the communication break down this election.

Upon learning about Hillary's private server, Congress issued a subpoena. The department of justice led by Loretta Lynch alerted Hillary of the subpoena. Upon learning about the subpoena, John Podesta says "we need to dump the email". Hillary Clinton has her team delete 33,000 emails and have the server wiped clean with Bleachbit for what we are supposed to believe are emails about yoga and Chelsea's wedding?

I'm not "fine with it," and never said I was. What she did was stupid, and there were 104 emails in there w/ additional classification. It surprises me not at all that a hack like Podesta would immediately want that kind of action taken.

It doesn't change the fact that this is a completely overblown "scandal." I mean, we pretty much KNOW that Comey is no Dem partisan now, right? Where is the criminal activity?

you can keep saying no one cares about the emails or it's overblown but it's very clear this is an issue that resonates with the american people. Perhaps you should ask yourself why, and ask yourself why you seem to be so out of step with the majority of the country on this issue.

you can keep saying no one cares about the emails or it's overblown but it's very clear this is an issue that resonates with the american people. Perhaps you should ask yourself why, and ask yourself why you seem to be so out of step with the majority of the country on this issue.

Hype will do that. Thus the "overblown" in the thread title.

Tip of the iceberg. Clintons terrified of real issues here with Comey's search. Biased and bought DOJ stalling granting approval to proceed as FBI hitting real pay dirt with Clinton Foundation muck in those 650,000 emails exposing the whole money laundering operation. THIS is why she wanted a separate server. It's getting good now.

Hype will do that. Thus the "overblown" in the thread title.

Just to flesh this out a little, let's look at Comey's letter on Friday as a microcosm of this entire scandal.

He went out of his way in the letter to state that the FBI could not assess yet whether or not the new material was significant. But is that the way it has been discussed and reported? Is that what most Americans have heard about it?

People are busy. They catch sound bytes on the news and hear whatever is out there, which in this case was Trump & a lot of sycophants on the right yelling as loud as they could that it was now "worse than Watergate," and that the content in the new emails was obviously "devastating." Literally, there was nothing new that came out of Comey's letter, but it has dominated coverage since Friday and the general assumption is one of egregious misdeeds and guilt.

I think the whole thing about Miss Piggy and what Trump said on Access Hollywood is overblown, so I guess we are even

It's a similar parallel. The only difference there is that it depends on whether you believe the accusers or not.

I think they're all credible & their stories are consistent with what Trump was saying on tape & his general m.o. Therefore, as a candidate who I think is guilty of sexual assault, it's a big story to me.

If you think they're all lying, then yeah, it's just "locker room talk," albeit a little creepier than most.

She didn't screw up ffs. She deliberately went out of her way to avoid scrutiny and oversight. That is a criminal offence and she should have been dealt with accordingly.

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk

notice you left out the avoiding foia stuff :) thoiught id add it for u

notice you left out the avoiding foia stuff :) thoiught id add it for u

I didn't leave anything out. It wasn't my intent to rehash all of the details of a story that has been exhaustively covered for a year and a half, with still no indictments or findings of criminality.

Better cite your sources to make that claim undeniable.

Back