Michigan economy....

PostmodernProphet

fully immersed in faith..
I find it interesting that after two and a half years of misery, with Snyder elected into office just nine months ago, my quarterly billings are up about 70% from what they've been averaging.....

Unemployment is not down by 70%, GDP is not up by 70%, average median income is not up by 70%, so no, it's not interesting. It's actually quite useless. We do not measure the strength of the economy by the amount of billings that one random social parasitic lawyer is able to extort out of his clients due to our flawed legal system.

Has anything actually changed in the Michigan state government at all with Rick Snyder in office? Perhaps if he were nationalizing all of the major companies in the state, rather than shifting around a percentage of 1% of the entire state's GDP, I would hold him accountable for anything thing's that have occurred at the WHOLE STATE level. But attributing your own (undeserved) successes to a governor who hasn't really even changed a great deal when it comes to the state economy at large? The must fucking absurd thing I've ever heard. You know what I think would've happened if the Democrat had won? The same fucking thing that's happening right now.

You approach politics in much the same way you do religion. You take the micro and incorrectly attempt to apply it to the macro, then attribute everything about your own micro situation to the person who's currently controlling the macro. Apples + Oranges = the Republicans are awesome derp derp!!!!!11?!! All this has shown me is that shitty lawyers who can hardly even write a coherent sentence sometimes make money, which is a tragedy in my mind.

Has anything actually changed in the Michigan state government at all with Rick Snyder in office? Perhaps if he were nationalizing all of the major companies in the state, rather than shifting around a percentage of 1% of the entire state's GDP, I would hold him accountable for anything thing's that have occurred at the WHOLE STATE level. But attributing your own (undeserved) successes to a governor who hasn't really even changed a great deal when it comes to the state economy at large? The must fucking absurd thing I've ever heard. You know what I think would've happened if the Democrat had won? The same fucking thing that's happening right now.

You approach politics in much the same way you do religion. You take the micro and incorrectly attempt to apply it to the macro, then attribute everything about your own micro situation to the person who's currently controlling the macro. Apples + Oranges = the Republicans are awesome derp derp!!!!!11?!! All this has shown me is that shitty lawyers who can hardly even write a coherent sentence sometimes make money, which is a tragedy in my mind.
A couple of things have changed, but it's more likely that they're caused by the new state legistlature changes than just Snyder.

Has anything actually changed in the Michigan state government at all with Rick Snyder in office?

yes, we have a balanced budget.....we reduced spending.....we cut some taxes, offset by beginning to charge income taxes on pension receipts like everyone else already did....

and, he's pissed off a very incoherent liberal who's original name I don't recall but obviously is a member of the trinity.....(obvious from the fact he's posting while intoxicated)......

Back