Militantly positive reviews

Hawkeye10

ButterMilk Man
Contributor
I started seeing this ramp up big about two years ago, this idea that there should not be any negative reviews on places like Yelp....that if you dont have anything nice to say shut the fuck up.

1) Do you agree?

2) Should owners use AI to prevent the posting of negative reviews and remove contraband content?

3) Why?

I say no and no on free speech grounds, and on functionality of the service grounds, and because this seems like a very powerful step towards brain washing.

I started seeing this ramp up big about two years ago, this idea that there should not be any negative reviews on places like Yelp....that if you dont have anything nice to say shut the fuck up.

1) Do you agree?

2) Should owners use AI to prevent the posting of negative reviews and remove contraband content?

3) Why?

I say no and no on free speech grounds, and on functionality of the service grounds, and because this seems like a very powerful step towards brain washing.

I would think any good business owner would want to know what dissatisfied customers think so they can improve their business.

I would think any good business owner would want to know what dissatisfied customers think so they can improve their business.

I know that when I owned a restaurant I paid more attention to the bad ones more than the good ones. This idea that negative reviews should not be allowed which often goes to "If you were a decent person you would not want to leave a negative review" looks like a form of insanity to me,. I was hoping to hear a good argument for it. I guess I will not here.

I know that when I owned a restaurant I paid more attention to the bad ones more than the good ones. This idea that negative reviews should not be allowed which often goes to "If you were a decent person you would not want to leave a negative review" looks like a form of insanity to me,. I was hoping to hear a good argument for it. I guess I will not here.

No you won't. Remember these are the people who support participation trophies so that nobody feels bad about losing.

What is not funny is that so many Modern Morons are sure that they have the right to demand that everyone do what they want because they think they have a right to sanitize the space that they inhabit on this planet. I would argue that we really began to see how bad this was about 20 years ago when anti tobacco fanatics decided that they had a right to stop anyone who had the idea that they could smoke in their viewshed....that any witnessing of a person smoking was a crime against them, a lack of caring about their feelings.

Back