Military vs contractors

uscitizen

Villified User
Umm anyone know how much per head we are paying for contractors in Iraq vs for regular military personnel on a per head basis ?

Just wondering how good of a deal this outsourcing is.

I don't know but I do know that contractors make 2 to 3 times as much as regularly enlisted personnel.

Probably a lot. But even outside of Iraq, defense contractors at home cost the gov't way too much in my opinion. That's probably the easiest way for the gov't to cut out budgetary fat.

Probably a lot. But even outside of Iraq, defense contractors at home cost the gov't way too much in my opinion. That's probably the easiest way for the gov't to cut out budgetary fat.

well to hide the fat on the books anyway.

Out here I've grossed about $17,500. Thats a rough estimate but it's pretty close. This is including the combat and hazardous duty bonuses and the fact that I dont get taxed. Your average KBR driver net's about $90,000 after taxes and such.

Out here I've grossed about $17,500. Thats a rough estimate but it's pretty close. This is including the combat and hazardous duty bonuses and the fact that I dont get taxed. Your average KBR driver net's about $90,000 after taxes and such.
I was told two years ago that if I wanted to go to Iraq and train Iraqi security I would make 125K and that the IRS would never see a penny of it. But with IED's I figured I might not either. Plus I am too far removed from my military days to be effective anymore even in training. God I hate getting older.

I was told two years ago that if I wanted to go to Iraq and train Iraqi security I would make 125K and that the IRS would never see a penny of it. But with IED's I figured I might not either. Plus I am too far removed from my military days to be effective anymore even in training. God I hate getting older.
Yeah, I think they'd even send me to more language training...

I believe the first $80 would have been tax free.

Well, that's your business then. It's not my place to say anything, my tongue is between my teeth, right now, and I will leave it there until the urge passes. lol

Well every base has internet. Even the smallest FOB's. We use the internet to communicate between units. Other accomedations (hot food and showers) are lacking in some smaller bases though.

Well every base has internet. Even the smallest FOB's. We use the internet to communicate between units. Other accomedations (hot food and showers) are lacking in some smaller bases though.
Well, if I did go it would be as a contractor and I'd likely be staying in some very friendly confines.

Back