Mississippi...

I'm not buying that they didn't cherry-pick. Yes, these people are all over the south, and they are not hard to find. But neither are rational people with all their teeth.

You're ruining the fun.

Eh, I have always had issues with stereotypes, especially those aimed at the south. I have worked all over the eastern half of the nation, and have seen rednecks everywhere.

I have also seen good, intelligent people everywhere. Well, except in Ohio, but thats a different story.

she was very explicit that they did not cherry pick this stuff. and that anything they cut out would have looked exactly like the stuff they left in. Also they did one in NY outside a welfare office too. The lesson is, proles are everywhere. death to proles.

She did one on the people in her neighborhood at the welfare office and that was depressing.

Come on folks, these people may not be what society would label cream of the crop, but they are people and their lives
are formed by their environment. They seem happy to be who they are, isn't that enough, why dowe have to have standards by which we live, as I always say, "one man's trash is another man's treasure".

Last edited:
Eh, I have always had issues with stereotypes, especially those aimed at the south. I have worked all over the eastern half of the nation, and have seen rednecks everywhere.

I have also seen good, intelligent people everywhere. Well, except in Ohio, but thats a different story.

If it helps with anything, I do not know many people who would really fit these stereotypes. Outside of my extended family, and the Baptist church I used to go to, that is. However, me and my acquaintances (I have no friends) can not be taken as a representative sample of Mississippi's population.

Back