More information on the pirate party:

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
Here is the issue page for the pirate party, for which I will be joining:

http://www.masspirates.org/blog/ourissues/

I finally have a true affiliation :good4u:

Against nsa wiretaps, other government surveillance.

Reforming copyright laws.

The Pirate Party will:

• limit the copyright to five years for electronic media and fourteen years for tangible objects,
  • make sure that all non-commercial copying, sharing and remixing are legal and
  • ban DRM software.
  • There is no reason for copyright to continue until 70 years after death.

Everyone must have equal access to the internet, and the Pirate Party will foster network neutrality

Abolishing Patents (Fuck patents)

We seek the abolition of patents. The patent system stifles innovation by making it difficult to incorporate an existing invention into a new one. It discourages researchers from sharing their new ideas until after a patent application. It prevents hundreds of thousands of people in poor countries from receiving the drugs they need. Currently pharmaceutical companies spend only 15% of their revenue on new drug research. The remaining 85% is spent on activities such as marketing and profit taking. A reformed system would dramatically increase the money available for innovation, while removing the obstacles to innovation posed by the current patent system.

This is truly an exciting time.

Grind,
soon to be registered pirate

I don;t like the idea of banning DRM software. But I don't really like the idea of banning anything.

internet access should be seen as a human right. enjoy having your connection to various websites throttled because it's not under the same umbrella corporation as your internet provider.

If Google blocks out certain search hits, use another engine. If IE does it, use Firefox. Not that difficult.

And I think the decendents of anyone who lived during the 19th Century should all receive compensation, because their ancestors were deprived of their natural right to access the fucking internet!! :mad:

If Google blocks out certain search hits, use another engine. If IE does it, use Firefox. Not that difficult.

And I think the decendents of anyone who lived during the 19th Century should all receive compensation, because their ancestors were deprived of their natural right to access the fucking internet!! :mad:

ok, so you dont understand really net neutrality. come back when you actually know what it is that you think you believe in.

Saying "the internet is a human right" is a bit idealistic. But still, net neutrality is a good model for the internet that has worked fine so far. Most people don't like the idea of a future where youtube is a steal at just $9.99.

YZeFm-786402.jpeg

the internet has, and will continue to foster a global community, the ability to communicate and freely express ideas, share information, and educate people. It is the number one thing that will improve mankind.

Back