More Signs That the Surge is Working!

Cancel7

Banned
Maybe people might think that I'm gloating, I don't know. But in fact, I felt like crying when I read this. I'm not gloating. I simply continue to be amazed that six years after 9/11 the nation still "mourns" and every single name is read out, but let's be honest? Who gives a crap about the dead soldiers? Who reads their names?

While Patreaus talks out his ass as the Bush schill he has always proved to be, here is what is happening at the same time.

Two of Seven Soldiers Who Wrote 'NYT' Op-Ed Die in Iraq

By Greg Mitchell

Published: September 12, 2007 7:25 AM ET

NEW YORK The Op-Ed by seven active duty U.S. soldiers in Iraq questioning the war drew international attention just three weeks ago. Now two of the seven are dead.

Sgt. Omar Mora and Sgt. Yance Gray died Monday in a vehicle accident in western Baghdad, two of seven U.S. troops killed in the incident which was reported just as Gen. David Petraeus was about to report to Congress on progress in the "surge." The names have just been released.

Gen. Petraeus was questioned about the message of the op-ed in testimony before a Senate committee yesterday.

The controversial Times column on Aug. 19 was called "The War As We Saw It," and expressed skepticism about American gains in Iraq. “To believe that Americans, with an occupying force that long ago outlived its reluctant welcome, can win over a recalcitrant local population and win this counterinsurgency is far-fetched,” the group wrote.

It closed: "We need not talk about our morale. As committed soldiers, we will see this mission through."

Mora, 28, hailed from Texas City, Texas, and was a native of Ecuador, who had just become a U.S. citizen. He was due to leave Iraq in November and leaves behind a wife and daughter. Gray, 26, had lived in Ismay, Montana, and is also survived by a wife and infant daughter.

The accident in Iraq occurred when a cargo truck the men were riding in overturned.

One of the other five authors of the Times piece, Staff Sergeant Jeremy Murphy, an Army Ranger and reconnaissance team leader, was shot in the head while the article was being written. He was expected to survive after being flown to a military hospital in the United States.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003638726

I suggest the other 4 soldiers from the article beef-up their insurance policies quickly and watch out for "friendly fire."

One who was about to give inegative interview died before their interview a few moths back.

Ill go look for the story

Wow. This is just terribly sad. That was a courageous and fantastic article those guys wrote.

Almost as courageous as the fine work of Tom "Just six more months" Friedman's reporting about Iraq.

http://tinyurl.com/yrvaet

Cap. Brian Freeman dies right before he was about to meet with Dem senators and spill some beans.

The "Iraqis" who killed him spoke english and drove Black SUVs ( just like blackwaters vehicles)

I never read that story Desh. It's so heartbreaking.

Its one of those stories where you read it and you pretty much know what happened to this HERO and you know he will be lost to the pages of history.

Every time I think of him I just rage inside at this fucking corrupt hunk of shit called the Bush administration.

History will remember these days and Bush will go down and be declared the worst president in history and This brave wonderful young soldiers little kids will be the only ones who Really remember him.

I just had to bring him back up.

Back