MSNBC host stunned after key Donald Trump impeachment witness Gordon Sondland backs ex-president

Truth Detector

Contributor
Priceless!!!

I love how the douchebag fake journalist says he's going to let him finish as if it were a privilege.

MSNBC host stunned after key Donald Trump impeachment witness Gordon Sondland backs ex-president

MSNBC host Ari Melber was left stunned after Gordon Sondland, a former Trump administration official who testified against Donald Trump during his impeachment, said he would be backing the former president because of “how badly” the Biden-Harris team has run the country.

Sondland, a wealthy hotel magnate and Republican megadonor, served as Trump’s ambassador to the European Union and was a key witness for House Democrats during Trump’s 2019 House impeachment inquiry.

Sondland testified that there was a “quid pro quo” between Trump and Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky that secured military aid for Ukraine in exchange for an investigation into the Biden family’s business dealings and the 2016 election.

Melber pulled up a clip of Sondland saying he was done supporting Trump following the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot and asked him if he still felt the same way.

“No, I don’t stand by it and I’ll tell you why,” he said while sitting beside other former Trump administration officials Peter Navarro and Sarah Matthews.

“I’ve now lived four years under the Biden-Harris policies and I have to say that those policies are not only becoming an existential threat to our country’s way of life, but to our allies as well,” he continued.

The Emmy-winning journalist cut him off.

“I’m going to let you finish, but this is so striking. You said it was a ‘no for me’ after that, after January 6. And here we are right now and you’re saying it’s a yes for you?” Melber asked.

Reactions: TOP
Priceless!!!

I love how the douchebag fake journalist says he's going to let him finish as if it were a privilege.

MSNBC host Ari Melber was left stunned after Gordon Sondland, a former Trump administration official who testified against Donald Trump during his impeachment, said he would be backing the former president because of “how badly” the Biden-Harris team has run the country.

Sondland, a wealthy hotel magnate and Republican megadonor, served as Trump’s ambassador to the European Union and was a key witness for House Democrats during Trump’s 2019 House impeachment inquiry.

Sondland testified that there was a “quid pro quo” between Trump and Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky that secured military aid for Ukraine in exchange for an investigation into the Biden family’s business dealings and the 2016 election.

Melber pulled up a clip of Sondland saying he was done supporting Trump following the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot and asked him if he still felt the same way.

“No, I don’t stand by it and I’ll tell you why,” he said while sitting beside other former Trump administration officials Peter Navarro and Sarah Matthews.

“I’ve now lived four years under the Biden-Harris policies and I have to say that those policies are not only becoming an existential threat to our country’s way of life, but to our allies as well,” he continued.

“I’m going to let you finish, but this is so striking. You said it was a ‘no for me’ after that, after January 6. And here we are right now and you’re saying it’s a yes for you?” Melber asked.

Sounds like it doesn't take much in the way of intelligence to be a "hotel magnate".

Family money

The dude built a business

Good for him

Most people don’t have family that can give them millions

In 1985, Sondland raised $7.8 million from friends and his wealthy brother-in-law and purchased the Roosevelt Hotel, a bankrupt Seattle hotel.<a href="https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Sondland#cite_note-Missile-11"><span>[</span>11<span>]</span></a>
In early November, Fiona Hill testified that Sondland, as a newcomer unaccustomed to diplomatic protocols, exhibited behavior that was "comical" but "deeply concerning," and his lack of adherence to security protocols made him a "counterintelligence risk." Hill testified that in July, Sondland attended a meeting with Ukrainian officials and told them that an Oval Office meeting with Trump would occur if investigations began. She testified, "Ambassador Sondland blurted out: 'Well, we have an agreement with the Chief of Staff (Mick Mulvaney) for a meeting if these investigations in the energy sector start,'" and that John Bolton ended the meeting abruptly and later told her, "I am not part of whatever drug deal Sondland and Mulvaney are cooking up.”

He’s voting for trump because he wants to stay out of prison folks

There are a lot of these idiots who got sucked into criming for trump

Little time smucks who tried to destroy elections, pretended they were legal electors and the like

Oh and the idiots that attacked the capital for him

A long long list of LOSERS

Priceless!!!

You mean, some greedy wealthy people vote Republican? I'm shocked!!!!

Back