Mucinex

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
anyone taken this? i took it last night and this morning to fight off congestion and i had to come home this morning because i'm having painful side effects

dizzy, nausea, skin feels itchy....and i swear paranoia, though i don't know about that, does that make me paranoid, does it, does it? j/k....

just dizzy, nausea, skin....

You are having an allergic reaction to it. You should call your doctor. You might need a shot of benadryl or something to counteract the symptoms. You might be able to just take an over the counter pill, but nowadays you have to sign at the pharmacy for benadryl.

You are having an allergic reaction to it. You should call your doctor. You might need a shot of benadryl or something to counteract the symptoms. You might be able to just take an over the counter pill, but nowadays you have to sign at the pharmacy for benadryl.

crap, i don't like going to the doctor

if it persists another 3 hours i'll worry, the pill is supposed to wear off after 12 hours

crap, i don't like going to the doctor

if it persists another 3 hours i'll worry, the pill is supposed to wear off after 12 hours

I've never met a man who likes to go to the doctor! A situation like this could be life threatening, but yours doesn't sound like it.

The itching and the nausea are allergic reactions. If your breathing was bad or your eyes began to swell and your throat, you would have to call 911.

I have a severe adverse reaction to anything that has Naproxyn in it. I discovered this one day after taking Naprosyn for a shoulder injury. One day I took it right after leaving the doctor's office and went to go shopping at the local mall. Within 10 minutes my eyes swoll up, I had a red rash that itched like crazy all over my body and my breathing was labored. I drove myself back to the doctor and she yelled at me for not calling 911. One month later, I took some Aleve for a bad headache I had. Same thing happened and I knew as soon as the symptoms occurred that something was terribly wrong. Aleve has Naproxyn in it too.Fortunately I had Benadryl at home and was able to counteract the reaction.

Don't take this Mucinex again and tell your doctor what happened in the very least so you don't get some derivative of what's in it perscribed for any future upper respiratory ailments.

I've never met a man who likes to go to the doctor! A situation like this could be life threatening, but yours doesn't sound like it.

The itching and the nausea are allergic reactions. If your breathing was bad or your eyes began to swell and your throat, you would have to call 911.

I have a severe adverse reaction to anything that has Naproxyn in it. I discovered this one day after taking Naprosyn for a shoulder injury. One day I took it right after leaving the doctor's office and went to go shopping at the local mall. Within 10 minutes my eyes swoll up, I had a red rash that itched like crazy all over my body and my breathing was labored. I drove myself back to the doctor and she yelled at me for not calling 911. One month later, I took some Aleve for a bad headache I had. Same thing happened and I knew as soon as the symptoms occurred that something was terribly wrong. Aleve has Naproxyn in it too.Fortunately I had Benadryl at home and was able to counteract the reaction.

Don't take this Mucinex again and tell your doctor what happened in the very least so you don't get some derivative of what's in it perscribed for any future upper respiratory ailments.

i'm starting to feel better....it was over the counter so i assumed it was ok and i rarely, if ever, have allergic reactions to medicine, this is probably one of two or three times in my life

i'm starting to feel better....it was over the counter so i assumed it was ok and i rarely, if ever, have allergic reactions to medicine, this is probably one of two or three times in my life

It's still worth telling your doctor about it. Think about it anyways.

anyone taken this? i took it last night and this morning to fight off congestion and i had to come home this morning because i'm having painful side effects
Yea I took it when I had a cold last spring and had congestion so bad I couldn't sleep. It worked wonders. Broke up all that phlegm and mucus and I was finally able to get some sleep. The common sense advise is, if you're having adverse side affects, stop taking it and consult your pharmacist or physician. It may also be something else is causing the symptoms you are feeling.

dizzy, nausea, skin feels itchy....and i swear paranoia, though i don't know about that, does that make me paranoid, does it, does it? j/k....

just dizzy, nausea, skin....
Sounds like an allergic response. Stop taking it and consult your physician or pharmacist.

I would suggest you stop taking it, because you are allergic.
Actually, and I'm not saying I"m one of them, but there probably are some JPP members who would like to see Yurt continue taking them because he is allergic to them. Also, if he does take them again, some really cool photos would be nice.

It's hard to deadpan when you're posting on a messageboard. When people get it though, it's worth it.

Back