Musical Confessions

KingCondanomation

Who on here has the guts to admit listening to music others would laugh at?

Alright I'll start, my favorite Abba song is Gimme, Gimme, Gimme. Not because of the extremely gay lyrics, it's just got a really catchy beat.

Next?

Liking disco for the sake of disco, though, makes you a faggot. I like the things I like (Abba, synthpop) because Stephin Merritt likes them. Stephin Merritt's a faggot.

Some of Lady Gaga's songs are good. Bad Romance, in particular. My dream is to write synth-pop on that caliber.

Yes, Poker Face, Bad Romance, and Just Dance are great songs. Paparazzi and Teeth are also good. Not sure yet what to say about Telephone yet...

As for saying I like disco, I admit there's a lot of horrid disco out there. There is also a lot of shitty techno out there, but I like the techno genre. Similarly, there is some rap and R&B that I really like, but I dislike both genres for the most part...

i like lots of music you guys would laugh at, but i dont consider it a guilty pleasure, rather I just consider most of you proles

i like lots of music you guys would laugh at, but i dont consider it a guilty pleasure, rather I just consider most of you proles

True, there are a lot of proles around here. No one laughs at your indie rock obsession, though, since most agree its a cool genre. Not sure if you are referring to anything else...

Here's another one, I think Depeche Mode, well really Martin Gore, is one of the top 5 songwriters of all time.
Behind the wheel is one of my all time favorite songs:

Do you like anything besides "We're not gonna take it"?
I remember when that came out and the video was one of the best of all time with the dad yelling at the kid.
I like almost every song. The only ones I don't like are the ones about them specifically, like "Me and the Boys" or "Bad Boys of Rock 'n Roll"

One of my favorites is "I Am, (I'm Me!)". Other favorites include: "Ride to Live, Live to Ride", "The Price", "Horror-Teria: The Beginning", "The Fire Still Burns"...

There are others.

Back