My book cases

Phantasmal

Harris/Walz
Staff member
My book cases are overflowing and I am in the process of trying to get rid of some of my books!

Arrggghhhh, it is so hard! I love books...

I am thinking about buying an e-reader, but I love the physical aspects of books! The feel, the smell, the fact that I can go back and read them, again, when I wish to read them.

I have a lot of first editions, those I won't get rid of, but the paperbacks are definitely going.

I want a 1st edition of "To Kill A Mocking Bird" the one I lust in my heart for is $30,000! Maybe next week!

I have a first edtion autographed copy of one of my favorite historical writers, Allen Eckert, about Techumseh. I agree with you, I love my book collection. My books are like by red badge of courage. It's proof as to my academic and literary accompishments and my devotion to learning and knowledge. One can walk into my den and my books give an automatic sense of that, about my self, to any visitor. Parting with my book collection would be like cutting off my arm.

When I got divorced my ex waited till I was out of town, changed the locks, had a restraining order placed on me and took posession of all our assets. I was screwed but through a third party I let her know, she could have everything but my books and that if she didn't give me my books, I'd burn the house down. She must have believed me cause I got my books.....then two weeks after I got my books I came back and when she wasn't home and stole my dog from her. :)

I look at it like this. She got the house, both cars, our savings and all our posessions except for my books and my dog...the way I figure it...I came out ahead of her.

I have a first edition of Stephen King's "Eyes of the Dragon"... They printed a very limited set of these (Philtrum Press 1984, it was mass published officially in 1987 as a "first edition" the text differs slightly in the previous printing) "first edition" from and they were published in an old-fashioned set. In order to buy one of these very limited printings you had to win a shot at it in a lottery of sorts.

Well, I found one of these rare birds at a garage sale. Apparently they had gotten a divorce and somebody had one of these they left behind in a library...

I told the lady that they were rare and she might want to sell it for more, but she let me have it for $2 regardless.

I have a first edtion autographed copy of one of my favorite historical writers, Allen Eckert, about Techumseh. I agree with you, I love my book collection. My books are like by red badge of courage. It's proof as to my academic and literary accompishments and my devotion to learning and knowledge. One can walk into my den and my books give an automatic sense of that, about my self, to any visitor. Parting with my book collection would be like cutting off my arm.

When I got divorced my ex waited till I was out of town, changed the locks, had a restraining order placed on me and took posession of all our assets. I was screwed but through a third party I let her know, she could have everything but my books and that if she didn't give me my books, I'd burn the house down. She must have believed me cause I got my books.....then two weeks after I got my books I came back and when she wasn't home and stole my dog from her. :)

I look at it like this. She got the house, both cars, our savings and all our posessions except for my books and my dog...the way I figure it...I came out ahead of her.

I'd have still burned the house down. :whoa:

Back