My face....

He must be remembering a speech or something.

I still laugh every time I see the phrase.

It was classic melodrama from said poster who was trying to appear more depthful than he actually was.

Awash with tears? LOL

If anything, goose pimples might be appropriate, but tears? Schtick.

Damn I thought of the no more stoned posting line just the other day. I have stuck to the pledge.

LOL!

Shit, I remember that. I thought it was such a weird reaction.

If your talking about the tears I think its a thing with people of a certain age.

We hear his words and remember how people arround us talked about him. In my case he was not treated as the hero he was. It really brings a sadness to me to think the people I was surrounded with could not see through the bullshit and hear he was a man of unity and love instead of just thinking all blcks who spoke out about any injustice were just wanting civil unrest. Most whites knew very few blacks and were steeped in the subtle if not the overt prejuduices of the time.

It makes me cry because the world was so ready for his ideas but many people were unwilling to truely listen to what he was trying to say.

on a side note!

Man oh man, don't I have a GREAT memory when it comes to things like this....

The date on the first time Stirfry said this comment was 2 and a half years ago! January of 2006!!! :cof1:

care

If your talking about the tears I think its a thing with people of a certain age.

We hear his words and remember how people arround us talked about him. In my case he was not treated as the hero he was. It really brings a sadness to me to think the people I was surrounded with could not see through the bullshit and hear he was a man of unity and love instead of just thinking all blcks who spoke out about any injustice were just wanting civil unrest. Most whites knew very few blacks and were steeped in the subtle if not the overt prejuduices of the time.

It makes me cry because the world was so ready for his ideas but many people were unwilling to truely listen to what he was trying to say.

Desh, I am sorry to hear about your and your hubby's loss! :(

Your obituary or memorial writen of him, honestly awashed my face with tears!

Care

No, it was Maineman.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, maineman used it first and within 24 hours of it, Stirfry used it and has been mimicking him ever since! well, in that case, I take back thinking I'm "quick and smart" and reverse that to "pretty slow" on getting who did what when!!!!!!

To take Don Q's line:

Oh Well!

Care

Back