My latest inventions

uscitizen

Villified User
It helps keep my house cool. Cuts my electric bill and dries my clothes.

I made an attic heat powered clothes dryer. I used a dryer designed to suck outside air. I connected it to my attic space via an insulated duct pipe.
Now all I pay for is electic to run the blower and tumble motor :)

A few more details for regulating the heat but pretty simple and new construction could be constructed with the attic heat pipe in place.

My old dryer has been converted into a winter dryer. It is a regular electric dryer which has a heat exchanger on the outlet which still exhausts to outside after the heat is removed. Well about 90% of the heat anyway. The heat from this will heat my basement and more.

Me Green!

Last edited:
So how big is the carbon footprint of all the extra parts you're using? And if you really wanted to be green, you hang your fucking clothes to dry them

So how big is the carbon footprint of all the extra parts you're using? And if you really wanted to be green, you hang your fucking clothes to dry them

do you hang yours to dry them?

Extra parts were minimal. for the winter dryer I used the heat exchanger from a scrap furnace so I recycled. I did the same on most of the parts for the summer dryer.

It helps keep my house cool. Cuts my electric bill and dries my clothes.

I made an attic heat powered clothes dryer. I used a dryer designed to suck outside air. I connected it to my attic space via an insulated duct pipe.
Now all I pay for is electic to run the blower and tumble motor :)

A few more details for regulating the heat but pretty simple and new construction could be constructed with the attic heat pipe in place.

My old dryer has been converted into a winter dryer. It is a regular electric dryer which has a heat exchanger on the outlet which still exhausts to outside after the heat is removed. Well about 90% of the heat anyway. The heat from this will heat my basement and more.

Me Green!

bravo! you clearly walk the walk.

do you hang yours to dry them?

Extra parts were minimal. for the winter dryer I used the heat exchanger from a scrap furnace so I recycled. I did the same on most of the parts for the summer dryer.

I hang my clothes. Our dryer went out a couple of weeks back and I made a clothesline on the lanai. The roommates want to get another dryer but I'm already converted. I'm never using one again.

Also, I got my first o-scope. :)

I hang my clothes. Our dryer went out a couple of weeks back and I made a clothesline on the lanai. The roommates want to get another dryer but I'm already converted. I'm never using one again.

Cool, What brand and bandwidth? CRT type I assume.

You have to admit, line drying gives a freshness to your cloths that no dyer comes close to. However, it's impractical and unsightly.

I've had a number of green inventions recycling hazardous waste. Only one was economically feasible. The most interesting one was a hazardous waste water treatment plant sludge from a battery manufacturer. I developed a process for producing gypsum and basic magnesium carbonate from the waste. The gypsum was used for making wall board and the basic magnesium carbonate could be calcined into magnesium oxide and be used in the Dow process for making Magnesium metal. Unfortunately the battery plant didn't produce enough of this waste to make it economically feasible.

Back