My liberal friends don't recycle...

Irish

Verified User
I noticed this trend at least among my circle of friends. Most my liberal friends don't recycle at all, at least not home recycling. And most my conservative friends do. Which I found odd, because my lib friends are always talking about climate change, global warming, etc. Yet don't do much on the individual level. My con friends are more skeptical, but recycle.

Which led me to wonder why? And the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. Liberals believe it's up to govt to fix climate change; Carbon emission, etc. Even to go through everyone's trash and pick out recycling. They feel like they voted Dem, and that's all they should have to do. They don't believe in the individual they believe in the collective. They don't think one person recycling makes a difference so they don't bother. They rather have massive govt intervention.

I relent that this is anecdotal and just my theory.

Anyone else have something similar to this?

I noticed this trend at least among my circle of friends. Most my liberal friends don't recycle at all, at least not home recycling. And most my conservative friends do. Which I found odd, because my lib friends are always talking about climate change, global warming, etc. Yet don't do much on the individual level. My con friends are more skeptical, but recycle.

Which led me to wonder why? And the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. Liberals believe it's up to govt to fix climate change; Carbon emission, etc. Even to go through everyone's trash and pick out recycling. They feel like they voted Dem, and that's all they should have to do. They don't believe in the individual they believe in the collective. They don't think one person recycling makes a difference so they don't bother. They rather have massive govt intervention.

It is a common observation that I see across many aspects of life

Liberals claim that government is "charity" and constantly say "I would gladly pay more taxes if it helps the poor". For some reason they think there is some virtue in this statement.

You never hear them say "I am going to give X more dollars to a poor person"

Additionally studies have shown that conservatives are much more charitable than liberals.

As to the climate change scam not only do many libtards not recycle, but look at a venue after any mass liberal gathering? It is a shithole that costs thousands to clean up from all of the littering etc. conversely when conservatives gather, you hardly know they were there. They believe in leaving it the way they found it.

I laugh about all of these libs on here waxing poetic about their concern for global warming and I the skeptic live a carbon free life at my cabin retreat.

Over here, in the burial place of Karl Marx, people pretty much just recycle without any regard to voting intent or the conflict between individualism and the power of the State.

I know, hard to believe, eh?

Over here, in the burial place of Karl Marx, people pretty much just recycle without any regard to voting intent or the conflict between individualism and the power of the State.

I know, hard to believe, eh?

Karl Marx was buried in Northern England?

It is a common observation that I see across many aspects of life

Liberals claim that government is "charity" and constantly say "I would gladly pay more taxes if it helps the poor". For some reason they think there is some virtue in this statement.

You never hear them say "I am going to give X more dollars to a poor person"

Additionally studies have shown that conservatives are much more charitable than liberals.

As to the climate change scam not only do many libtards not recycle, but look at a venue after any mass liberal gathering? It is a shithole that costs thousands to clean up from all of the littering etc. conversely when conservatives gather, you hardly know they were there. They believe in leaving it the way they found it.

I laugh about all of these libs on here waxing poetic about their concern for global warming and I the skeptic live a carbon free life at my cabin retreat.

Now you automatically know this is bogus, anyone who automatically refuses any opposing opinion certainly hasn't "observed" a whole hell of a lot in his "many aspects of life"

You got "liberal" friends? A couple two three or what?

I've noticed this two. Two of my neighbors are rabid Democrats and they never recycle. Nor do they use LED light bulbs.

Karl Marx was buried in Northern England?

I do apologise, my good fellow for my complete lack of clarity. I am only too aware one of my many, many failings is the tendency to overestimate the intellect of others. I consider myself thoroughly chastened. Of that, have no doubt.

Somewhat imprudently, I neglectfully supposed the casual reader would draw the simple conclusion one was referring to the country of England as a whole. After all, it's only a small place and we all know each other, mostly by name.

I do hope that we have now resolved this unfortunate misunderstanding.

Oh, just one more thing. I can report that one of my neighbours, Jeff Fisher, who has definite communist sympathies (union man, sings the Internationale at weddings, liquidated a kulak last Easter), once placed a considerable amount of cardboard in the receptacle reserved for plastics at the recycling centre. Not sure what that tells us but it is undeniably significant in some way.

Good Day, sir.

I do apologise, my good fellow for my complete lack of clarity. I am only too aware one of my many, many failings is the tendency to overestimate the intellect of others. I consider myself thoroughly chastened. Of that, have no doubt.

Somewhat imprudently, I neglectfully supposed the casual reader would draw the simple conclusion one was referring to the country of England as a whole. After all, it's only a small place and we all know each other, mostly by name.

I do hope that we have now resolved this unfortunate misunderstanding.

Oh, just one more thing. I can report that one of my neighbours, Jeff Fisher, who has definite communist sympathies (union man, sings the Internationale at weddings, liquidated a kulak last Easter), once placed a considerable amount of cardboard in the receptacle reserved for plastics at the recycling centre. Not sure what that tells us but it is undeniably significant in some way.

Good Day, sir.

Take your limmy insults and go back to England. Take Ilo with you.

Take your limmy insults and go back to England. Take Ilo with you.

Well, firstly, i have no idea what a "limmy" is.

Secondly, unless you are somehow unable to quantify how the internets works, you should be aware that i am already in England and thus cannot "go back" there.

Good Day.

Well, firstly, i have no idea what a "limmy" is.

Secondly, unless you are somehow unable to quantify how the internets works, you should be aware that i am already in England and thus cannot "go back" there.

Good Day.

I'm sorry, my autocorrect failed me. The term is Limey.

Living in the Pacific NW, recycling is part of the local culture. That being said, I have always noted that conservatives and leftists typically oppose littering, and promote such stewardship as recycling, for different reasons. Leftists advocate on the basis of the environment and saving the planet. Conservatives advocate on the basis of respect for community, personal character, and the old adage about cleanliness and godliness. For some reason, the conservative basis has always proven more compelling than the leftist basis, as seen by the fact that the left can never seem to get it's people to fall in line on littering and recycling.

Back