My life has changed

evince

Truthmatters
I have been shopping the pound for the right pet lately and on wednesday I found a handsome blue merle, 8 month old australian shepard. I decided he was the just the boy to fill out my family and adopted him. I did the paper work and paid the fee but he could not come home with me because he had to be fixed. So I walked out without being able to take him home.

I was walking to my car and a couple was carrying the most beautiful tri color Australian shepard girl. I asked to pet her and was telling them what a beautiiful puppy they had when they said they were there to drop her off because they found her as a stray. They told me I could have her if I wanted her.

I held this little girl and her personality was so wonderful I could never hand her back. I looked at the couple and said "your done, You dont even have to go inside because I will take her". So I drove home and introduced her to my 1 1/2 border collie / bernese mountain dog mix you see pictured in my avatar. Yeap that cute little black and white dog in the picture is now 85 lbs.
The two got along very well for their age differance and I could tell all would be fine.

Yesterday I picked up my sweet blue merle boy and baby talked him all the way home. I kept repeting my chosen name for him interspersed all through my little conversation with him. It was a 20 minute drive and being an aussie (very smart dogs) he knew his new name by the time we were home.

The introductions went like butter and now I have three dogs.

I have a 3 month old girl tri aussie, an 8 month old merle aussie boy and a 1 1/2 year old border collie/ benese mountain dog boy.

Needless to say I am going to be walking, ball throwing, dog parking whirlwind for quite some time to come.

I cant think of anything more fun for me right now in my life than paying these hairy monsters massive attention and constantly working to blend my little pack into a wonderful muttly crew.

I will try and figure out how to post a pic or two for you guys.

Yes my life has changed this week and it is sooo much for the better.

They are so soft and dont shed much, they are one of the prettiest dogs there are in my opinion.

My blue merle boy has bright blue eyes and looks like a hyena from a distance.

I just look at them in the yard playing and am astounded and the pack of beautiful dogs I have cruising my home.

I have the time and they have the brains, they are going to be a rightiously fun pack of babies.

I have been shopping the pound for the right pet lately and on wednesday I found a handsome blue merle, 8 month old australian shepard. I decided he was the just the boy to fill out my family and adopted him. I did the paper work and paid the fee but he could not come home with me because he had to be fixed. So I walked out without being able to take him home.

I was walking to my car and a couple was carrying the most beautiful tri color Australian shepard girl. I asked to pet her and was telling them what a beautiiful puppy they had when they said they were there to drop her off because they found her as a stray. They told me I could have her if I wanted her.

I held this little girl and her personality was so wonderful I could never hand her back. I looked at the couple and said "your done, You dont even have to go inside because I will take her". So I drove home and introduced her to my 1 1/2 border collie / bernese mountain dog mix you see pictured in my avatar. Yeap that cute little black and white dog in the picture is now 85 lbs.
The two got along very well for their age differance and I could tell all would be fine.

Yesterday I picked up my sweet blue merle boy and baby talked him all the way home. I kept repeting my chosen name for him interspersed all through my little conversation with him. It was a 20 minute drive and being an aussie (very smart dogs) he knew his new name by the time we were home.

I have a 3 month old girl tri aussie, an 8 month old merle aussie boy and a 1 1/2 year old border collie/ benese mountain dog boy.

Needless to say I am going to be walking, ball throwing, dog parking whirlwind for quite some time to come.

I cant think of anything more fun for me right now in my life than paying these hairy monsters massive attention and constantly working to blend my little pack into a wonderful muttly crew.

Many years ago, as a small boy, my parents took me to the city. As we were motoring along I saw a man with a dog and the dog had a rope around it's neck and the man was holding the end of the rope.

"Why does the man have a rope around the dog", I asked my mother.
"The man is walking the dog", she replied. "Dogs aren't allowed to just be let out of the house. People have to go out with them."

Now, I've never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I did know we let our dog out 3 or 4 times each day to look after nature's business. It could be raining or snowing or 15 minutes before bed and the last thing we ever considered at those times was going out with the dog.

Although I have been a city/suburban dweller for years it still fascinates me when I see my neighbors walking a dog in the rain or other inclement weather. I instinctively go over to my cats and let them know they're truly a superior companion. :)

I love cats too.

As much as I do love cats I have to admitt dogs are my fav.

With cats you never are much more than a fun janitor to them.

With dogs you are their world.

My little fluffy soft, round bellied, girl tri colored aussie needs to be cuddled every few minutes and then off she goes to bound arround with her big brothers. They ruff her up and she puts up a great fight for a MAYBE 25 lbs of fluff and when things look overwhelming she runs for a mommy break and a good cuddle.

Remember she is up against an 85 lber who when he stands up straight his head is level with my waist and an 8 month old speckled boy who is 42 lbs and is filled with the blood of many ancestors who hearded 1000lb animals.

Every one of these wonderful creates would do their everything to protect me even at this point in their lives.

I cant help but feel the need to return the favor for them.

To put it simply I am in heaven.

Oh! Congrats on the expansion of your family! What are the names? My terrier mix is names Lexie and she is my constant companion.

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Rufus is in my avatar, Corine is the tri color 3 month old and Gizmo is my speckled 8 month old.

I will try and get some pics up next week, Im going to the beach this weekend so they get to have their first walk on the beach.

All went well and the dogs loved the beach.

I rigged up my retractable leash so that I could walk them all with one hand.

I slid two small leashes onto the retractable leash and clipped the retractable to my big dog.

The big guy could walk in front and the other dogs could walk back and forth to me as they pleased.

The big guy (Rufus) even let the teenage boy (Gizmo) lead most of the time.

The little girl Corine had to be carried part of the time but still loved our nice long beach walks.

They rode in the back of my car together and did fine.

I don't like those retractable leashes. If a dog wraps himself around someone's leg you can injure that person. You could also injure one of the dogs if the cord got wrapped around a leg or neck.

That being said, I almost never walk my dog, and if I do, I prefer not to use a leash at all. First, she has never figured out the correlation between her pulling and her collar digging into her throat, so I half to find the harness and walk her with that. Second, I have an invisible fence and a dog door so she goes out in the yard when she wants to.

Dog doors are life savers.

Any leash can harm a dog or person if used incorrectly.

When you walk her on the leash give her a quick little correction of pulling back on the leash and couple it with some sound or word Like say "Tish" or "wait" when she walks in front of you. Make her walk beside you so she knows her leash limit. You hold the leash loosely not taunt.

If you do this consistantly she will learn where she is supposed to walk. At first you will be doing it every ten seconds. Dont worry she will understand in time.

Its handy to have them know how for vet trips and such if nothing else.

If you do this consistantly you can teach her to walk next to you.

Last edited:
Nope. I've had here over 8 years and trained her to do just about anything that I want except:
1. Walking on a leash with a collar (she's fine with a harness).
2. Stop chasing the cat.
3. Use toilet paper instead of her tongue.

Back