My tribute to Kurt Cobain....

Cypress

24 years since he left us grunge heads hanging in the lurch.
Well Kurt, a debt is owed to you for putting a stake through the heart of cheese metal...otherwise, we might have had to endure the horrors of Poison, Winger, and Whitesnake... well into the 1990s!

Cobain was the last pure, original raw talent in rock music.

Since his death, it's been mostly empty, plastic pop crap.

Whatever garbage product that sells well to millennials and post millennial teenagers is what gets produced.

Whatever garbage product that sells well to millennials and post millennial teenagers is what gets produced.

Righty-o, chap.

It is not often you get a performer who is genuine, unreconstructed, unaffected, chock full of musical integrity, and can actually write awesome tunes. I am not sure if there is even room for a person like that in today's music biz.

In my life, there are only two performers which I can still remember with crystal clarity what I was doing when I heard the news of their demise: Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Kurt Cobain.

15MOSU50012G28NVRSHG_is

This really blew Kurt's mind.

you are not listening to the right bands

This tune was a staple of the crappy garage band I played in. The dude was a surprisingly good song writer.

Back