My week last week

MAGA MAN

Let's go Brandon!
Last week my wife had a class that she had to take in Atlanta so I was her chaffeur. Since I had the dog with me I dropped her off at a downtown hotel and went on about 40 minutes away to stay at a friends house in the suburbs.

Our friend used to be our next door neighbor, and my wife and she caught her husband philandering with a third neighbor's wife. The guy's a scum bag, I told her that back then but she stayed with him so that their daughter, then 6, would have two parents. That was 15 years ago, and the situation has only gotten worse. For the purpose of this story I'll call her husband by the name Douche.

About 4 months ago Douche tries to stab her with a leatherman in the face. She called the cops and had him thrown out of the house. Her daughter, I'll call her Bitch, has also physically assaulted her, but she doesn't want to toss her out too.

Anyway, I stayed at the house for 4 days to help get it ready to sell. Douche hasn't done a thing to the house in 15 years. For example all the sinks drain slow, the front yard is eroded to deposit soil against the rear, and that caused a flood in the basement, which caused black mold growth in the house. The refrigerator has leaked for 5 years and caused the floor next to it to warp, the ceiling below to buckle and mold. The garage floor has settled seven inches and you have to jump about 16 inches from the kitchen down to it. Leaves constantly blow into the garage from the driveway, and the gas powered leaf blower hasn't been used in ten years. The kid's yard toys were buried under a decade of ivy growth in the back yard.

Everyone has seen this type of house in one time or another and I spent four days in it, just trying to make it livable.

I met her handyman- nice guy. He told me that he doesn't like to work on the house because Bitch screams at him for making noise. Not that he works on the house at early morning dark hours but in the middle of the day when normal people are up and about. What he told me seemed rather odd so I took it with some doubt.

The first morning that I was there I did a tune-up on her classic car. Her local self-proclaimed car guy had changed out the spark plugs and the car wasn't running well since. It turns out that he never tightened the plugs, so after several hundred miles leaking exhaust gas had deposited crud into the plug threads, making them a huge chore to remove. Then I had to order a new cap and rotor, plugs, and invent some wire brush tool to clean out the threads in a tight confined space of a big block engine bay. I did all that and the car runs like a fine watch now, of course.

The next morning about 10:30 am, I was fixing the door of the clothes dryer. Bitch had slammed the door so hard that it no longer latched properly and the door had to be taped shut in order to work. So I grabbed a screwdriver to take the door off and examine it further. (Douche has no tools whatsoever in the house, so I had to prepare a set to go with me just to do the most simple of tasks.) I can't get to the hinge screws because the unit is up against a wall and I can't swing the door open far enough. So I have to move the pile of junk off the dryer to pull it away from the wall. That doesn't give me enough clearance so I have to push it back then move the washer out. The washer hose is too short so first I have to disconnect it. You can see how this is going, every little job blows up into 6 others because the place is so disorganized and I only have the half dozen or so tools that I brought with me.

I'm in the middle of this job and Bitch, now 21 years old, no job, not going to school, out all night dope smoking, comes downstairs from locking herself in her bedroom with her nasty looking boyfriend and starts screaming about making noise and she can't sleep. I put my tools down, walked right up to her and told her in a very assertive manner that I was working on the house and her current wishes were none of my concern. She told me that she would call her father about this. I told her to go right ahead, that I would enjoy meeting him again. She asked me "What is that supposed to mean?" and I replied that she should make it happen and then find out. She stormed back upstairs.

I proceeded to fix the dryer. The frame at the upper hinge point had buckled out due to abuse, so a few well place hits with a plastic hammer got it back into place. More well placed hits on the top to jigger it back into proper position. Then I moved the dryer back, then the washer, and finally hooked everything back up. "Click" the door responded. Mr. Fix-it successful yet again.

My friend then shows me a tirade of F bomb texts from Bitch. "My dad's gonna f-ing do this, and he's going to f-ing do that....", blah, blah, blah. I laughed out loud. My response was if my daughter was being harassed by some stranger in my house I'd drop everything to go kick his ass. Doche is about 45 minutes away and needless to say I was not expecting him to man-up.

Needless to say this bullshit went on for the rest of the week. Douche, however, was curiously absent and failed to rescue his daughter from the terrible assault of noise from home repairs.

Last week my wife had a class that she had to take in Atlanta so I was her chaffeur. Since I had the dog with me I dropped her off at a downtown hotel and went on about 40 minutes away to stay at a friends house in the suburbs.

Our friend used to be our next door neighbor, and my wife and she caught her husband philandering with a third neighbor's wife. The guy's a scum bag, I told her that back then but she stayed with him so that their daughter, then 6, would have two parents. That was 15 years ago, and the situation has only gotten worse. For the purpose of this story I'll call her husband by the name Douche.

About 4 months ago Douche tries to stab her with a leatherman in the face. She called the cops and had him thrown out of the house. Her daughter, I'll call her Bitch, has also physically assaulted her, but she doesn't want to toss her out too.

Anyway, I stayed at the house for 4 days to help get it ready to sell. Douche hasn't done a thing to the house in 15 years. For example all the sinks drain slow, the front yard is eroded to deposit soil against the rear, and that caused a flood in the basement, which caused black mold growth in the house. The refrigerator has leaked for 5 years and caused the floor next to it to warp, the ceiling below to buckle and mold. The garage floor has settled seven inches and you have to jump about 16 inches from the kitchen down to it. Leaves constantly blow into the garage from the driveway, and the gas powered leaf blower hasn't been used in ten years. The kid's yard toys were buried under a decade of ivy growth in the back yard.

Everyone has seen this type of house in one time or another and I spent four days in it, just trying to make it livable.

I met her handyman- nice guy. He told me that he doesn't like to work on the house because Bitch screams at him for making noise. Not that he works on the house at early morning dark hours but in the middle of the day when normal people are up and about. What he told me seemed rather odd so I took it with some doubt.

The first morning that I was there I did a tune-up on her classic car. Her local self-proclaimed car guy had changed out the spark plugs and the car wasn't running well since. It turns out that he never tightened the plugs, so after several hundred miles leaking exhaust gas had deposited crud into the plug threads, making them a huge chore to remove. Then I had to order a new cap and rotor, plugs, and invent some wire brush tool to clean out the threads in a tight confined space of a big block engine bay. I did all that and the car runs like a fine watch now, of course.

The next morning about 10:30 am, I was fixing the door of the clothes dryer. Bitch had slammed the door so hard that it no longer latched properly and the door had to be taped shut in order to work. So I grabbed a screwdriver to take the door off and examine it further. (Douche has no tools whatsoever in the house, so I had to prepare a set to go with me just to do the most simple of tasks.) I can't get to the hinge screws because the unit is up against a wall and I can't swing the door open far enough. So I have to move the pile of junk off the dryer to pull it away from the wall. That doesn't give me enough clearance so I have to push it back then move the washer out. The washer hose is too short so first I have to disconnect it. You can see how this is going, every little job blows up into 6 others because the place is so disorganized and I only have the half dozen or so tools that I brought with me.

I'm in the middle of this job and Bitch, now 21 years old, no job, not going to school, out all night dope smoking, comes downstairs from locking herself in her bedroom with her nasty looking boyfriend and starts screaming about making noise and she can't sleep. I put my tools down, walked right up to her and told her in a very assertive manner that I was working on the house and her current wishes were none of my concern. She told me that she would call her father about this. I told her to go right ahead, that I would enjoy meeting him again. She asked me "What is that supposed to mean?" and I replied that she should make it happen and then find out. She stormed back upstairs.

I proceeded to fix the dryer. The frame at the upper hinge point had buckled out due to abuse, so a few well place hits with a plastic hammer got it back into place. More well placed hits on the top to jigger it back into proper position. Then I moved the dryer back, then the washer, and finally hooked everything back up. "Click" the door responded. Mr. Fix-it successful yet again.

My friend then shows me a tirade of F bomb texts from Bitch. "My dad's gonna f-ing do this, and he's going to f-ing do that....", blah, blah, blah. I laughed out loud. My response was if my daughter was being harassed by some stranger in my house I'd drop everything to go kick his ass. Doche is about 45 minutes away and needless to say I was not expecting him to man-up.

Needless to say this bullshit went on for the rest of the week. Douche, however, was curiously absent and failed to rescue his daughter from the terrible assault of noise from home repairs.

I applaud you wanting to help your friend; but it seems to me that no matter where she moves too, this history is going to repeat itself and you're going to end up playing Mr. Fix-it again.

I applaud you wanting to help your friend; but it seems to me that no matter where she moves too, this history is going to repeat itself and you're going to end up playing Mr. Fix-it again.

My advice to her is to downsize from this 4000 sf/ 3 car garage home in Perfect Burb, GA and get a 1500 sf condo with at least one enclosed space for the classic. That she can probably handle.

Well it sounds like your week was better than mine. I had a colonoscopy and spent the previous two days prepping. Nothing like drinking sulfate solution with a couple of gallons of fluid and the sound of liquid stool being ejected.

The colonoscopy went ok... they removed a couple of benign polyps. My father must be disappointed as contrary to his claims they did not discover my head there. A fact that should disappoint many JPP members whom, I’m sure, will insist on a second opinion.

Last edited:
Well it sounds like your week was better than mine. I had a colonoscopy and spent the previous two days prepping. Nothing like the sound of liquid stool being ejected.

The colonoscopy went ok... they removed a couple of benign polyps. My father must be disappointed as contrary to his claims they did not discover my head there. A fact that should disappoint many JPP members whom, I’m sure, will insist on a second opinion.

Two whole days? When I have it done I start at night and have the poop-scope in the morning. But then again you must have an extra long bowel, being a resident of Ohio.

Two whole days? When I have it done I start at night and have the poop-scope in the morning. But then again you must have an extra long bowel, being a resident of Ohio.
na that was me being smart. The prep is a lot less traumatic if you do it over two days instead of one.

My advice to her is to downsize from this 4000 sf/ 3 car garage home in Perfect Burb, GA and get a 1500 sf condo with at least one enclosed space for the classic. That she can probably handle.

And tell her adult child to grow up.

Well it sounds like your week was better than mine. I had a colonoscopy and spent the previous two days prepping. Nothing like drinking sulfate solution with a couple of gallons of fluid and the sound of liquid stool being ejected.

Maybe it was really one of the polyps they excised. :D

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was funny!

No one cares.

Back