Name a country that prospered under high taxes, high debt, and heavy regulations?

You won't get rid of debt by doing nothing but lowering taxes. Especially not if it's lowering it for those that just sit on their money. The rights idea, basically isn't much different than handling malnutrition with fasting.

You won't get rid of debt by doing nothing but lowering taxes. Especially not if it's lowering it for those that just sit on their money. The rights idea, basically isn't much different than handling malnutrition with fasting.

Good analogy! If people aren't spending money, the economy isn't doing well. Tis why every winter holiday season we see reports from statisticians, economists and pollsters trying to gauge the public's mood and tallying up the sales receipts as we progress through December. If you give money in the form of lower taxes to the lower and middle-income people, we're going to spend it, especially the younger demographic who are raising children and making large purchases like homes, cars, furniture, toys, education, etc. If you give the income to the wealthy, they park it in investments and eventually give it to their kids to inherit.

I'm not sure why Republican voters find this simple concept so difficult to grasp, since 99% of them are not the uber wealthy.

Good analogy! If people aren't spending money, the economy isn't doing well. Tis why every winter holiday season we see reports from statisticians, economists and pollsters trying to gauge the public's mood and tallying up the sales receipts as we progress through December. If you give money in the form of lower taxes to the lower and middle-income people, we're going to spend it, especially the younger demographic who are raising children and making large purchases like homes, cars, furniture, toys, education, etc. If you give the income to the wealthy, they park it in investments and eventually give it to their kids to inherit.

I'm not sure why Republican voters find this simple concept so difficult to grasp, since 99% of them are not the uber wealthy.

How does the government GIVE you a tax cut? Doesn’t that presume it is their money?

As to what the wealthy do with THEIR money, why is it your business?

How does the government GIVE you a tax cut? Doesn’t that presume it is their money?

You mean, the tax cut like they want to give to the wealthy in this latest middle-class-bum-fucking we're about to get? Hahahaha! BTW, we personally will benefit quite nicely from the proposed plot. Our kids and our neighbors' kids and our country's kids.... not so much.

As to what the wealthy do with THEIR money, why is it your business?

Oh great, another economic retard. Never mind. If you can't understand how our collective tax money provides us all with the most advanced society in human history, there's no hope for me to explain it.

Oh dear. Sorry for using that word "collective." Here's a paper towel to wipe up that puddle under your chair.

You mean, the tax cut like they want to give to the wealthy in this latest middle-class-bum-fucking we're about to get? Hahahaha! BTW, we personally will benefit quite nicely from the proposed plot. Our kids and our neighbors' kids and our country's kids.... not so much.

Oh great, another economic retard. Never mind. If you can't understand how our collective tax money provides us all with the most advanced society in human history, there's no hope for me to explain it.

Oh dear. Sorry for using that word "collective." Here's a paper towel to wipe up that puddle under your chair.

I am not anti tax

Your original post wasn’t about collective use of funds for things like roads. It specifically advocated giving poor people other people’s money.

Tell me at what rate could the federal gubmint tax you that you would think was too much?

Won't cutting taxes on business free up capital for investment and encourager repatriation of funds that are currently invested abroad?

Why do DEMOCRATS always seem to "forget" that a growing economy is a likely outcome of tax cuts?

Back