National Signing Day 2 Days Away

cawacko

It is amazing how grown men hang on every single word 17 and 18 year old kids say right before NSD. USC 5-star verbal recruit DeAnthony Thomas aka The Black Mamba (so named by Snoop Dogg when Thomas played in his pop warner league) took a recruting visit to Oregon this weekend and was blown away by the Nike facilities. Word hit that he may have decommited from USC and verballed to Oregon. The USC rivals board has been in straight Jonestown mode since last night. We have no official word this decommitment took place of course but just the rumor of it has made many grown men cry.

Gotta love college football.

If Bama can lock down Defensive end Jadeveon Clowney and offensive lineman Cyrus Kouandjio, I will be dancing in the street. If Isaiah Crowell commits to us too, I will be dancing naked in the streets.

lol

I have been tracking Bama's recruiting and it looks like another excellent year. I can't wait to see Jesse Williams line up at NT.

What's the word you hear on Clowney? Sounds like it has pretty much been a two team race between South Carolina and Alabama with, at least according to the Rivals board, South Carolina holding the lead due to home field advantage.

What's the word you hear on Clowney? Sounds like it has pretty much been a two team race between South Carolina and Alabama with, at least according to the Rivals board, South Carolina holding the lead due to home field advantage.

Thats pretty much what I hear too. I think its a close call race now, between being close to home and getting a chance to play for a team with NC potential.

Have you seen the films on this guy?

Thats pretty much what I hear too. I think its a close call race now, between being close to home and getting a chance to play for a team with NC potential.

Have you seen the films on this guy?

Yeah I have seen his film. He looks like a man among boys.

Looks like the Buckeyes landed the #1 QB prospect in the nation out of Huber Heights (a suburb on the north side of Dayton). Gossip is, he'll be groomed to play the first 5 games of the season while Pryor is suspended. At 6'2" and 190 lb he's considerably smaller then Pryor but he's a more accurate passer than Pryor and has Pryors speed.

Looks like the Buckeyes landed the #1 QB prospect in the nation out of Huber Heights (a suburb on the north side of Dayton). Gossip is, he'll be groomed to play the first 5 games of the season while Pryor is suspended. At 6'2" and 190 lb he's considerably smaller then Pryor but he's a more accurate passer than Pryor and has Pryors speed.

I saw that. He looks like a top notch prospect. If he lives up to the hype (and we all hope our recruits do) he will be a game-changer.

He'll need to put about 25 or 30 # on in the weight room or he won't be able to take the abuse.

As long as that doesn't effect his passing or speed, they should be able to do that.

I remember a story about Jay Barker playing Miami for the NC. When Barker came off the field one of the coaches asked him what he needed. "I could use about 20 lbs" was his answer. He bulked up in the off season.

WB, just read Florida St supposedly has a verbal from the top player next year in Alabama. Any idea who that is?

WB, just read Florida St supposedly has a verbal from the top player next year in Alabama. Any idea who that is?

No idea, but I emailed the question to some friends in the sports journalism biz. Hopefully I will hear from them soon.

No idea, but I emailed the question to some friends in the sports journalism biz. Hopefully I will hear from them soon.

I read it on the Rivals Main Board. They were talking about the good job Jumbo Fisher is supposedly doing at FSU and then made reference to having this early commit from the top player in 'Bama for next year. They didn't mention a name.

Back