Naturalization Oath of Allegiance

USFREEDOM911

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

Could this mean that those who support illegal immigrants coming into the US have violated their oath and should be charged as such?

Naturalized citizens are equivalent to other citizens in all rights, they can't have special regulations of their speech and political beliefs put on them by an oath. This would make them second class citizens, and in effect, not citizens at all. It's legal in the United States to advocate that not all laws be enforced.

What about the laws prohibiting torture? Should we execute naturalized citizens who advocate violating them, and support candidates (such as Trump) who promise to do so?

Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

Could this mean that those who support illegal immigrants coming into the US have violated their oath and should be charged as such?
since when is opposing harsh, poorly thought out, unworkable and or racist views towards illegal immigrants a tacit support of illegal immigration?

One of the proudest moments, if not the proudest moment of my life is when my wife took that oath. One that she took fully understanding what she was sacrificing. She is proud to be an American and takes her duties as a citizen damned seriously and she is greatly offended by the right wings views on illegal immigrants because she's no fool and not only knows what the source of that hostility is and she has no illusions as to how many of those people view her as an immigrant, legal or otherwise.

Now don't get the wrong idea. She is as frustrated by the current situation as most Americans are but good luck convincing her that inhumane methods and criminalizing or demonizing entire families and communities is a valid solution to the problem.

since when is opposing harsh, poorly thought out, unworkable and or racist views towards illegal immigrants a tacit support of illegal immigration?

One of the proudest moments, if not the proudest moment of my life is when my wife took that oath. One that she took fully understanding what she was sacrificing. She is proud to be an American and takes her duties as a citizen damned seriously and she is greatly offended by the right wings views on illegal immigrants because she's no fool and not only knows what the source of that hostility is and she has no illusions as to how many of those people view her as an immigrant, legal or otherwise.

Now don't get the wrong idea. She is as frustrated by the current situation as most Americans are but good luck convincing her that inhumane methods and criminalizing or demonizing entire families and communities is a valid solution to the problem.

If you wife came here and followed the rule to become naturalized, she should be commended. If she's offended because she doesn't like the laws pertaining to illegals that choose to try and get around what she did legally, tough shit.

There's nothing inhuman about expecting someone wanting to come here to follow the laws. All she needs to understand if she doesn't like the rule is tough shit. The solution damn sure isn't to reward someone violating the law to get here with what your wife did the legal way.

Back