NCCU coach LeVelle Moton shares his own harrowing run-in with police

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
In 2005, Moton was a college graduate, the men's basketball coach at Sanderson High School and an AAU coach. He was driving around with his friend, UNC national champion guard Raymond Felton, when they were stopped by Raleigh police officers looking for "dope boys."

"He snatches me out the car, and his partner has a gun pointed at my head, and he's yelling all these expletives and cussing and so on and so forth," Moton said. "He slams me down, and he's telling me I need to reach out and get my driver's license, registration and I told him I'm not doing that for you to shoot with because I've seen this movie way too many times. "

"Fortunately for us, the backup cop that was in the passenger seat recognized Ray. And he recognized me," Moton recalled. "After a couple of more minutes they end up letting us go and he came up, and he said -- I'll never forget the initial cop -- he said, 'man, I'm sorry, you just fit the description.' And he said we got a call about some "dope boys" and that's why we were acting the way we were."

https://abc11.com/sports/nccu-coach...tvd-local-news-headlines-from-abc11-5/29/2020

Back