Near-death experiences

BartenderElite

Verified User
I think these should be the new religion.

There are a TON of them out there, both written & video. I started listening to them, and the commonality of the experiences is incredibly striking, as are the messages people "come back" with.

One thing that almost everyone who has experienced one says is that we gain an understanding of how much our words & actions impact other people, and even the world. Many said they came back w/ a renewed determination to positively impact as many lives as they could, and to try not to put negative energy out there.

I have that as a goal now, even here. I think I'm one of the better posters in terms of avoiding insults, but I have been snarky at times, and I intend to change that. I'm going to try to just have productive discussion & debate, and really listen to other POV's without dismissing them out of hand.

Not that anyone probably cares. Just putting it out there.

There are a TON of them out there, both written & video. I started listening to them, and the commonality of the experiences is incredibly striking, as are the messages people "come back" with.

One thing that almost everyone who has experienced one says is that we gain an understanding of how much our words & actions impact other people, and even the world. Many said they came back w/ a renewed determination to positively impact as many lives as they could, and to try not to put negative energy out there.

I have that as a goal now, even here. I think I'm one of the better posters in terms of avoiding insults, but I have been snarky at times, and I intend to change that. I'm going to try to just have productive discussion & debate, and really listen to other POV's without dismissing them out of hand.

Why should it be the new religion?

Have you ever experienced an OOBE? Not lucid dream, but a bode fide OOBE.

Why should it be the new religion?

Have you ever experienced an OOBE? Not lucid dream, but a bode fide OOBE.

I haven't. As to the 'religion' question - I don't want to turn this thread into a debate on the Bible or other religious texts, but I trust the words of people who seemingly crossed over more than I do words that were written by ancient peoples who had a ton of superstitious beliefs and practices. I see so many contradictions in a document like the Bible, and I haven't heard any from NDE's.

But there, I just did it. This will become a thread about the Bible now!

Plato called philosophy the practice of death.

I haven't. As to the 'religion' question - I don't want to turn this thread into a debate on the Bible or other religious texts, but I trust the words of people who seemingly crossed over more than I do words that were written by ancient peoples who had a ton of superstitious beliefs and practices. I see so many contradictions in a document like the Bible, and I haven't heard any from NDE's.

But there, I just did it. This will become a thread about the Bible now!

Oh yes. I see your point. All the experiences are written in the scriptures, not just the Bible. Religions revolve around "spiritual awakening" or "spiritual experiences".

I hope you get to experience OOBE. If it happens to you, don't be afraid. It's the most natural thing ever.

Same with NDEs, it's where the concept of the light at the end of a tunnel come from.

FPSpz9X.jpg

Let me know how this works out for you, because I've been at that Crossroad many times here.

And every time I have these resolutions like yours, Truth Detector, TextDriver, Volsrock, Yakuda, or haters like them, quotes me with a response, and there goes my resolution.

But, I think the thing to do is, just let them embarrass themselves and not respond back to them, because most, if not all of their responses are not even worthy of comment.

And just stay away from their hate threads they start altogether.

These deplorables just want to drag everybody down to their level.

Last edited:
Let me know how this works out for you because I've been at that Crossroad many times here.

And every time I have these resolutions, Truth Detector, TextDriver, Volsrock, Yakuda, or haters like them quotes me with a response and there goes my resolution.

But, I think the thing to do is just let them embarrass themselves and not respond back to them, because most of their responses are not even worthy of comment.

And just stay away from their hate threads.

Here & in life, I think that responding to insults or vitriol with either kindness or just choosing not to reply in kind can be surprising and give people who talk that way some pause. It can be disarming, because the effect they're going for is to aggravate or incite a negative reaction.

Here & in life, I think that responding to insults or vitriol with either kindness or just choosing not to reply in kind can be surprising and give people who talk that way some pause. It can be disarming, because the effect they're going for is to aggravate or incite a negative reaction.

No. Same jerks year after year harass and write insults. They never change.

Two most common things in NDEs: A figure at the "end of the tunnel" (or whatever it is) and a very bright light that doesn't blind you.

And people always do a 180 degree change after experiencing NDEs.

Never had one

Never had an OOBE either

In the real world I try to be as kind to people as I can muster

Patient with children no matter what they are doing

Smile at them every time one looks at me

I always defer to people in public

Never assuming that I should be placed above them in any way

I make sure I’m the one who steps out of the way first to show I respect them

NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE

I say excuse me if I have to step past anyone

I call all men sir

I call all ladies whatever I can asses what they might find most respectful

It usually is some form of affectionate term like Hun

Saying madam can sound like an insult to some ladies

I walk the world in a practice of humility when it comes to others

I know people here may find it hard to believe

The internets is different when it comes to sites like this

I was the same as in real life on line at first

I found that got me nothing but MORE abuse in places like this

This is an international war zone

I determined that’s well over a decade ago

The people we talk to here are propagandists from Nations that are hostile to America

I in fact pegged this fact before the FBI began sending out WARNINGS TO THE PEOPLE about these tactics

People learn

The right wing posters here NEVER remember the facts and arguments they encounter from the opposing side

Have you noticed that?

Humans learn

Bots only know what they have been programmed to remember

This is war folks

It’s not regular life

Politalker is a really great contributor here and he sets a great example.

But what do they do? They call him Pollyanna!

It's their loss! And it only says more about them than him.

Precisely the thing I’m trying to do. And, in the meantime, to recommend that people not give oxygen to the toxics.

Both are wins for us personally and for the quality of the forum.

Back