Need Help!

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
I'm looking for a new laptop. I'd like a CD/DVR drive and something really really light but preferably under $600. Any good suggestions?

I'm looking for a new laptop. I'd like a CD/DVR drive and something really really light but preferably under $600. Any good suggestions?

Would a netbook and a USB dvd drive be acceptable? You aren't going to get anything as light or cheap as a netbook, but they never come with a dvd drive because that would make them a lot bigger. Having a portable USB cd drive seems like a good compromise.

What is a good netbook?

I'm looking them up right now. I managed to get my sister a netbook she really liked. I'd just try to avoid the single core atoms. Even with a normal dual core, you're still getting around 6 hours of battery life, and it's ridiculously light and portable.

And what about applications? Could I download all my MS Office stuff? And I'm guessing there's no watching TV on it.

hmmmmm, I have never even heard of that brand.....I always get nervous with no name stuff. Everytime I've gotten something I've gotten burned.

Back