New Discovery.

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Flaming Hot Crunchy Cheetos suck.

I guess it's a question of false expectations that make me dislike them. If they were called "Flaming Hot Crunchy Corn Puff" then I could get my mind around that and I'm sure they would be a pleasing snack on a hot summer night with a cold beer.

But man these are still Cheetos and you have that high expectations to bite into one and taste that cheddar cheese goodness only to discover...it's simply not there.

So you eat two or three more thinking "This can't be right?". Sadly it is. There's no cheesy goodness. Not even spicy hot cheesy goodness. Just cayenne spicy and even if you are mentally prepared for cayenne pepper goodness, to be fair, and not cheddar cheesy goodness, it's still disappointing as it's missing that slightly tangy vinegar note you get from a good quality cayenne pepper sauce. Which is truly sad as I can think of few better mediums to accent the flavor of a good quality cayenne pepper sauce than a crunchy corn puff could. Sadly these fall far off the mark.

Having said that my 8 year old niece turned me onto an idea that does, slightly, salvage Cheetos Flaming Hot Crunchy corn puffs. Take a dill pickle and insert one into the center of the pickle. The crunch of the corn puff and it's cayenne seasoning work very well with the vinegary, garlic, crispness of a good dill pickle.

However I couldn't imagine eating a whole bag that way. I'm not THAT fond of pickles.

I tried them about 12 years ago when I got a small bag out of a vending machine. They were terrible, and I haven't wanted any since.

Flaming Hot Crunchy Cheetos suck.

I guess it's a question of false expectations that make me dislike them. If they were called "Flaming Hot Crunchy Corn Puff" then I could get my mind around that and I'm sure they would be a pleasing snack on a hot summer night with a cold beer.

But man these are still Cheetos and you have that high expectations to bite into one and taste that cheddar cheese goodness only to discover...it's simply not there.

So you eat two or three more thinking "This can't be right?". Sadly it is. There's no cheesy goodness. Not even spicy hot cheesy goodness. Just cayenne spicy and even if you are mentally prepared for cayenne pepper goodness, to be fair, and not cheddar cheesy goodness, it's still disappointing as it's missing that slightly tangy vinegar note you get from a good quality cayenne pepper sauce. Which is truly sad as I can think of few better mediums to accent the flavor of a good quality cayenne pepper sauce than a crunchy corn puff could. Sadly these fall far off the mark.

Having said that my 8 year old niece turned me onto an idea that does, slightly, salvage Cheetos Flaming Hot Crunchy corn puffs. Take a dill pickle and insert one into the center of the pickle. The crunch of the corn puff and it's cayenne seasoning work very well with the vinegary, garlic, crispness of a good dill pickle.

However I couldn't imagine eating a whole bag that way. I'm not THAT fond of pickles.

i agree. hot cheetos are terrible. they come no where close to original cheetos.

Whoops, I am going to put in the correct video in my post. One of my favorite Family Guy gags, and, while this use of it is funny, it's not what I'm aiming for. :D

Back