New Hampshire girl, 12, gets tongue stuck to flag pole after licking it during blizza

StormX

Banned
[h=2]Maddie Gilmartin, 12, touched the frozen flag pole with her tongue — and ended up stuck for more than 15 minutes while her parents desperately tried to help her.[/h]
A New Hampshire girl got stuck to a flag pole after licking it during a blizzard. Maddie Gilmartin was left tongue tied for more than 15 minutes after performing the crazy stunt outside her East Kingston home Thursday.

pole7n-2-web.jpg

The 12-year-old said she spontaneously decided to "see what would happen." But she was left in agony after her tongue froze to the metal.

"I see her standing at the flag pole, her arms are waving. I'm not sure what's going on until I got closer," her dad Shawn Gilmartin told WMUR. "She tried to pull her tongue off of it as soon as it happened, and that's what made it bleed," he said, adding: "I had my hands cupped. I was blowing, breathing on her lips and tongue."

Shawn and his wife frantically tried to free their young daughter using warm water — paramedics later arrived and released her.

Gilmartin is expected to make a full recovery, but doctors have warned that it may take six months for the swelling to go down.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-pole-licking-article-1.1567402#ixzz2pd7azdPa

:rofl2:

Guess she never saw the movie "The Christmas Story"

the-christmas-story_1387290201.jpg

It was a science experiment. She just wanted to see what would happen. It's what life is all about!

Now, don't let her wonder about what would happen if she jumped off the Grand Canyon...

And they just didn't use enough warm water. Simply warm the metal up with warm water and the tongue will naturally release as the saliva that froze it to the pole defrosts...

Back