New home sales: Slowest in 6 years

uscitizen

Villified User
Pace of new home sales slumps 4% to lowest since August 2000 as glut of homes on the market rises, hurting prices.
By Chris Isidore, CNNMoney.com senior writer
March 26 2007: 12:00 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Sales of new homes sank to the slowest pace in more than six years in February, with the government's latest reading on the battered real estate market showing the glut of homes on the market reached a 16-year high.
http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/26/news/economy/new_home_sales/index.htm?cnn=yes

I saw this and it does concern me. My brother-in-law is due to retire in May and they will try to sell thier home so they can move back to God's Country :). I hope they can get it done, it will be great to have them back here.

As always the actions of the irresponsible hurt the many.
good luck with your BIL's home sale. Many areas are not doing too bad on sales, just depends on how his area is doing.

I saw this and it does concern me. My brother-in-law is due to retire in May and they will try to sell thier home so they can move back to God's Country :). I hope they can get it done, it will be great to have them back here.
Don't sweat it. Overall the number of home sales is at an all time high. The sole segment to show a slowing is the new homes market. Existing housing units are selling just fine.

The area where my Sister and BIL live will see a swell in population as well since the military base is going to expand its overall enlistment. This is supposed to boost the housing market there.

Pace of new home sales slumps 4% to lowest since August 2000 as glut of homes on the market rises, hurting prices.
By Chris Isidore, CNNMoney.com senior writer
March 26 2007: 12:00 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Sales of new homes sank to the slowest pace in more than six years in February, with the government's latest reading on the battered real estate market showing the glut of homes on the market reached a 16-year high.
http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/26/news/economy/new_home_sales/index.htm?cnn=yes

Whew! I sold at the right time, I had a house I sold a year ago.

Now that I'm going to be a buyer, rather than a seller, I must say my timing is impeccable! Just another example of my market genius.

j/k

Good Leaning, he will probably have no trouble selling then.
Now if here were near a Ford plant that is closing....

Now that I'm going to be a buyer, rather than a seller, I must say my timing is impeccable! Just another example of my market genius.

j/k

glad you did the j/k or I would have thought spinner converted you :)

j/k

LOL. That's so top.

Back