NEW JEOPARDY! HOSTS.

Ross Dolan

Contributor
Not really sure what went on in the choosing of a replacement host for the late, Alex Trebek, on the highly popular, Jeopardy!...but (to me) the choices made seem about as far off base as could be…considering this was something supposedly “thought out.”

Mike Richards, who as Executive Producer of the show, was always a front-runner. After all, he was going to be a part of the decision process…and he wanted the job very much. He was okay during his stint as guest host…but certainly not outstanding.

Choosing him, with his considerable baggage, is sure to annoy many regular viewers. He may end up saving the show a few bucks, because his salary as host and as EP (which he will retain) may be less than paying him as EP and paying a new host other than himself. Big deal!

I cannot fathom how Mayim Bialik was considered better during try-outs than others, but she came in far down on my list of favorites. If choosing a female host was a consideration, Katie Couric did a much better job during trials. Bialik was outclassed by almost every other contender…both in ability and in looking the part. Alex Trebek was noted for his superb, classy outfits. Bialik looked like she was working at being a frump.

Ken Jennings, in my opinion, was better than both of them. Much better! Buzzy Cohen and Anderson Cooper were better than either.

The decision sucked. I’ve been a Jeopardy! fan from Art Fleming days, and I will continue to watch, but I cannot adequately convey my disappointment with what the show has done to the memory of Alex Trebek with these choices.

Back