New series fo BB fans

Big Money

AMC has signed up for a Breaking Bad spinoff.

Better Call Saul, in discussions for months, will be a one-hour "prequel" to the acclaimed drama that will "focus on the evolution of the popular Saul Goodman character before he ever became Walter White's lawyer," the network said in a joint statement with Sony Pictures Television. The show's title is the cheesy attorney's ad slogan.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2013/09/11/breaking-bad-spinoff-saul-goodman/2801281/

at least it's a prequel. I think this is good because then it doesn't have to wreck the canon of breaking bad.

amc is going to suck hardcore though soon. I can't believe they completely squandered their prestige. breaking bad is almost done and mad men will be done next year.

Before season 5 of BB, AMC only wanted a final season of 6-8 episodes.. that's it. Meanwhile they were throwing money at small town sherrif and low winter sun and all these other terrible flops. Vince gilligan had to fight tooth and nail to get the final season to be 16 episodes. AMC had an opportunity to be the next hbo but they have squandered it by not building up new fan bases while still having everyones attention on their popular shows. when you have a network that is trying to cut the last season of breaking bad down to only 6 episodes, you really have to question the judgement of those in charge.

as for the spinoff, we'll see. My gut reaction is it will be pretty dumb.

Back