NICE

USFREEDOM911

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
Waiter confronts diner after rude comment about boy

A Houston waiter is being hailed as a hero after refusing to serve a customer who made a rude comment about a 5-year-old boy with Down syndrome in the restaurant, according to video from KPRC.

Michael Garcia, a waiter at Laurenzo's Restaurant, said he confronted the diner after he overheard him saying, "Special-needs children need to be special somewhere else."

The boy, Milo Castillo, and his family are regular customers at the restaurant, he said.

"My personal feelings took over and I told him, 'I'm not going to be able to serve you, sir,'" Garcia said. "He said, 'If you're not going to be able to serve us, then we'll leave.' Then I told him, 'How could you say that? How could you say that about a beautiful 5-year-old angel?'"

The man and his family left. Milo's parents said they didn't know about what happened until another waiter told them about it.

"I was really impressed that Michael would stand up for Milo," said Kim Castillo. "He really doesn't know us ... he stood up for Milo just because it was the right thing to do."

Back