Nick Saban has done wonders for the Univ of Alabama.

Canceled.2014.1

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomvanr...f-nick-saban-everyone-wants-to-go-to-alabama/

"But the money flowing directly from Bryant-Denny Stadium is just the start. If you think that a top college football coach earning seven figures is overpaid, think again. To appreciate just how modest Saban’s $5.3 million salary is, take a wider look around campus. Since 2007, Tuscaloosa has swelled its undergraduate ranks by 33% to over 28,000 students. Faculty count has kept pace: up 400 since 2007 to over 1,700. But it’s more than growth – it’s where the growth is coming from. According to the school, less than a third of the 2007 freshman class of 4,538 students hailed from out of state. By the fall of 2012, more than half (52%) of a freshman class of 6,397 students did. Various data from US News and the New York Times shows that the school’s out-of-state tuition cost – nearly three times higher than the rate for in-state students – rose from $18,000 to $22,950 a year during that period.

Its not just football. It builds the entire institution.

The hat is still surfing saban's coattail.
Saban's took LSU from leading the SEC in arrest to the national championship.
He got facilities built!
He put a huge emphasis on study hall.
My son was on his team, that bunch needed every bit of the direction.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomvanr...f-nick-saban-everyone-wants-to-go-to-alabama/

"But the money flowing directly from Bryant-Denny Stadium is just the start. If you think that a top college football coach earning seven figures is overpaid, think again. To appreciate just how modest Saban’s $5.3 million salary is, take a wider look around campus. Since 2007, Tuscaloosa has swelled its undergraduate ranks by 33% to over 28,000 students. Faculty count has kept pace: up 400 since 2007 to over 1,700. But it’s more than growth – it’s where the growth is coming from. According to the school, less than a third of the 2007 freshman class of 4,538 students hailed from out of state. By the fall of 2012, more than half (52%) of a freshman class of 6,397 students did. Various data from US News and the New York Times shows that the school’s out-of-state tuition cost – nearly three times higher than the rate for in-state students – rose from $18,000 to $22,950 a year during that period.

Its not just football. It builds the entire institution.
So I've heard. Why I heard last year all the Alabama graduating senior class could all read at a 4th grade level!! Big gains man! :)

So I've heard. Why I heard last year all the Alabama graduating senior class could all read at a 4th grade level!! Big gains man! :)

Read the article, Mott.

"For the admissions office, more applications mean more selectivity. Six years ago, 64% of students applying to the University of Alabama were accepted. By 2012, the acceptance rate had dropped to 53%. About one in four students from the 2012 freshman class carried a 4.0 high school GPA. The class also includes 241 National Merit Scholars, more than any other public university in the U.S."

They were unable to save the trees at Toomers Corner, so they removed them. They will plant new live oaks next year, from what I understand.

That's so sad. I remember driving by Auburn. It's such a beautiful campus. Unlike the above-mention UF.

That's so sad. I remember driving by Auburn. It's such a beautiful campus. Unlike the above-mention UF.

It was a damn shame. I, and many of my fellow Bama fans donated money to the fund to save the trees.

The up side is that the trees they plant next year should be big and beautiful when the aubbies win their next championship in football.

Uh, Howie, the UF campus is in Florida, which de facto makes it better. I think UFGC is supposed to have an amazing campus, but I only have heard about it because of their recent basketball success.

Back