Nick Saban or Nick Satan - he does what he does very well.

Canceled.2014.1

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...tide-nick-saban-a-coach-not-a-preacher-090212

"Saban is viewed exactly as he is, as a mercenary who cares about one thing and one thing only — winning football games. I find that kind of truth in advertising refreshing in this post-Joe Paterno era, as should you. Saban is not his players' father or friend, the bag guy or the bail man. He’s their coach, and he’s kind of a jerk at times."

"Everybody needs to stay in their own lanes. This is not to say Saban is not an influence on these players or that they do not love him. He is, and they do. He just never pretends about what his objective is — winning games. And he is damn good at that.

Why some people hate Saban is why I have come to respect him. There is something admirable about the man who lays it out there. This is who I am.
No pretending. No pretense. No sainthood BS."

Saban wins games, makes players reach for their potential, trains them for the NFL, and makes great money for the Univ of Alabama, and does it within the confines of the rules. That should be enough.

He's also a good great guy! Just because he doesn't love the spotlight he gets the cold tag.
He recruited Ingram who's dad had played for him. He promised the mom he'd look after him right.
Saints fans are glad he did.

He's also a good great guy! Just because he doesn't love the spotlight he gets the cold tag.
He recruited Ingram who's dad had played for him. He promised the mom he'd look after him right.
Saints fans are glad he did.

I have two friends who know him personally, and they say he is a great guy. One of my favorite things about him is that he doesn't suffer fools lightly. Ask him a stupid question and he'll call you on it.

I think Ingram's dad was in jail! Nick promised the mom.
Lsu was competing with Miami for most arrest when nick came in.
He cleaned house, got way better facilities.
Unlike a lot of coaches he makes sure they are student athletes.
My son had to to a lot of study hall when nick was there.

Back