No Slaves Here...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100110/sc_nm/us_egypt_antiquities_tombs

Egypt tombs suggest pyramids not built by slaves

Sun Jan 10, 12:30 pm ET

CAIRO (Reuters) – New tombs found in Giza support the view that the Great Pyramids were built by free workers and not slaves, as widely believed, Egypt's chief archaeologist said on Sunday.

Films and media have long depicted slaves toiling away in the desert to build the mammoth pyramids only to meet a miserable death at the end of their efforts.

"These tombs were built beside the king's pyramid, which indicates that these people were not by any means slaves," Zahi Hawass, the chief archaeologist heading the Egyptian excavation team, said in a statement.

"If they were slaves, they would not have been able to build their tombs beside their king's."

More at link...

Hawass has been an excellent salesman for this new politically correct version of Egypt but I'm not sure if the archeological record support his position. The fact is that thousands of people labored for years on a public project that didn't benefit themselves or make life better for the community. The most likely scenario is that they were slaves.

Well, that and the caves where they actually have writing on the inside in ancient script used by the Hebrews begging El to deliver them....

I've seen them myself.

Yes, the archeological record. Plus there is the written account of history as told by the Jews themselves.

I knew this in like 1998. I read numerous studies and other things on this.

Do these archeologists come out every few years saying the same shit and treating it as a new discovery because most people were never paying attention in the first place?

I knew this in like 1998. I read numerous studies and other things on this.

Do these archeologists come out every few years saying the same shit and treating it as a new discovery because most people were never paying attention in the first place?
Yeah, it seems that way.

Everyone in Egyptian society basically toiled their entire lives to get a nice mummification. That's why religion is so dangerous; it was such a waste of life.

Everyone in Egyptian society basically toiled their entire lives to get a nice mummification. That's why religion is so dangerous; it was such a waste of life.

Actually latest evidence shows they only toiled 4 months out of the year for the state.

Back